07 ST1300 tool kit

Bike
'07 ST1300
STOC #
I have discovered that my bike didn't come with the under the seat toolkit. When I questioned the dealer, he stated that because the ST's were so dependable, Honda quit supplying them. While I would agree with the part that they are dependable, I'm not quite buying the fact that it didn't come with one. Perhaps some of you with newer bikes could comment.

Rgds, Ed

I have discovered that my bike didn't come with the under the seat toolkit. When I questioned the dealer, he stated that because the ST's were so dependable, Honda quit supplying them. While I would agree with the part that they are dependable, I'm not quite buying the fact that it didn't come with one. Perhaps some of you with newer bikes could comment.

Rgds, Ed

There's a plastic pouch that has a foam protector around a hex L wrench... that's it.

Rgds, Ed

Started with the '06s. the "toolkit" consists of a toolbag with allen wrench and foam. Still not sure where the foam is used on the bike. :confused:

My '05 came with the complete toolkit, I have yet to use it. The only time in 44+K miles I have ever worked on my bike was at home with all my good tools! :D

I got nothing when I bought my 07.. Went back to the dealership and at least they gave me one of the generic kits for Hondas.. usual multi screwdriver, 10, 13 mm open end, spark plug tool, etc.

Go to the technical section of this forum and and get the tool list. If I had the link I'd just post it.. sorry. There are two very complete lists of basic tools needed to do most roadside repairs.

Rgds, Ed

Ed,

I posted a picture of my '08 Canadian Tool kit in another thread...

https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showpost.php?p=503859&postcount=18

Funny that the US one is only an allen key and piece of foam. In the manual it states that the Fuse Puller is a Canada Only tool. :)

The Honda may be reliable, but I'm not always. I had a bolt back out on the rear brake caliber bracket, causing my rear brake to lock up. (I'm assuming I didn't tighten it enough; the problem hasn't resurfaced.) Even the stock tools that came with the '05 weren't quite adequate. My buddy had some extra tools on board, and we fixed the problem. Having the warranty and towing isn't always the solution, either. Try Sunday, out of town. Sure, they'll tow the bike, but you're stuck with waiting overnight for a dealer to open, even if it's a simple repair. Assembling a better tool kit is on my project list.

Maybe Honda knows that ST pilots are kind of like Boy Scouts in that we are "always prepared". They assume we'll trash the cheap tool kits that typically come with bikes and build our own out of quality tools.

Or maybe since our bikes are the portliest of the sport tourers they figured an easy way to lower the dry weight spec by several ounces would be to eliminate the tool kit. (Tongue in cheek).

I DIDN'T GET A TOOL KIT FOR MY 2006 ST!!!

WHAT THE HEY!!?

:eek:

And what's up with this heat!?

Get one of these. Better than Honda's tools and it fits under the rear cowling behind the rear seat. I also keep mine in a heavy duty plastic zip lock bag.

click for store---> CRUZTOOLS - EconoKIT? M1

Last edited:
RocketMan -
Yours came with Crown Royal????? I need to move to Canada, fer shure, eh?
"Oh, Canada,...."

thanks for the tool kit site. I'm getting one myself. I'm not a wrench by any means but don't like being stuck not being able to do anything due to not having the right wrench or screwdriver.

Working on the bike on the side of the road sucks. It's hot, you're hot, tools usually too small and take forever to use. A good set can get you going w/ little frustration.

My 07 came with a complete toolkit. Never used it yet, but it's there. I use my own tools when I work on the bike at home. Still carry the toolkit in the bags just in case though. Maybe someone along the way will need to be helped Hehehehehe!!!

You guys are awesome, I learn something new every day on this site. I'll put something together for myself.

Here's my toolkit:

frd0407.jpg

Yeah, I got the allen wrench kit as well, with my:07biker:. Already used the wrench on the bar ends. The foam I didn't....hmmm...hey wait, that's it. The foam is extra padding for any of us needing help with our seat! Think I'm gonna need a bigger foam...:D

Listed below is what I carry - there are a few issue's with after market tool kit's:
Spark plug - make sure it will fit the plug hole and reach the plug's.

One of the things I do is only use my tool kit when working on the bike, if I do not have the tool in my kit that I need then I need to add it but the other side is if I have tool's in my kit and never use them they are taken out. Note: my tool kit is just a small tool bag, easily held in one hand.

With these tools you will be able to: Remove both wheels, remove all the plastic, check under the tank cover, replace the fuel filter, change out the battery, repair a flat, change oil, adjust anything adjustable, replace brakes pad?s, tighten almost anything on the bike, replace the front forks?.etc?.
Screw driver?s;
Phillips #2 bit (magnetized) (2) 1-small, one larger.
The shaft should fit in the small hole?s in the front axle.
Flat blade #2
Wrenches: (open/box end)
6mm ? Can be used on a #6 Allen wrench for extra leverage.
8mm
10mm - (2)
12mm ? Right rear exhaust pipe.
14mm ? Rear brake
17mm ? Oil drain plug. (oil filter remover for long trips)
Sockets:
3/8 ratchet
3? extension (2)
Drive reducer 1/2? to 3/8? drive, and 3/8? drive to 1/4?
6mm, 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 14mm ? rear brake, 22mm ? front axle (1/2 drive), 27mm rear axle (1/2 drive)
Spark plug socket ? need to make sure it fit?s the hole ? standard Honda unit
works well.
6mm (front axle, brakes, all plastic), Allen wrench socket (nice to have)
Allen wrenches:
6mm, Plus a 7.5 (about) - take a old (cheap new) 8mm and grind it down to fit the rear axle
Pliers;
Small needle nose, with a 45 degree bent tip ? great for removing/installing
the small plastic pins.
Standard pliers
Magnetic pickup (looks like a pen) that extends to about 16?.
Paint brush;
Short handle 1 ? - 2? wide paint brush. (Great for cleaning areas before getting dirt in your oil,
under the seat, gas tank, etc.)
Tire repair kit.
Flashlight
Tie?s, tape and some short wire.
PLUS; any tools needed to cover your ?Farkles?
You should always learn how to remove your wheels, someone may come along and offer help but they are unable to transport the bike. Most likely you could put the wheel in the truck. Just to make it more real, remove the wheel in the dark with only a flash light and have the water sprinkler covering the whole area you are working in?.

Here's my toolkit:

frd0407.jpg

Sorry to say but its mine also .
I never liked the cheap tools that came with bikes anyway and I got thehex and foam on the 06.
I added one of those Cruz tools M14 which has some minor hexs and a couple of socketsplus two screw drivers.
would do any of the repairs I am willing to do on the road.
I decided that a air pump (slime) and a plug kit would come in way more useful as I only had to work on one bike on the road and it was mostly cause I didnt have 2 mickles to rub together then .
Now I would call the wife or a friend or a tow truck rahter than work on it in the middle of the night in the middle of nowhere.

One of the headband type flashlights makes working in the dark soooooooooo much easier.

Back
Top Bottom