07 ST1300 tool kit

RocketMan -
Yours came with Crown Royal????? I need to move to Canada, fer shure, eh?
"Oh, Canada,...."

Yeah, something about it being useful to warm you up (or dull the pain I suppose) if you get stranded in a snowstorm.

I just realized the other day I haven't put away my snow shovel yet. No point now as winter is getting closer by the day.

So you may want to tell Gramma, Ellie-Mae and Jethro to get out of the truck cause you're staying right where you are in Californy, eh? :)

I carry a 4 foot piece of plastic tubing. This comes in handy when one of your buddies runs out of fuel 40 miles from the nearest gas station. You say, "I can spare a gallon, how much money you got?" Or, "You're buying at the next Dairy Queen."

I think the dealer is spinning you a yarn! All Pans come with a tool kit, well certainly the EU spec as sold in Europe. I should know, I work for Honda South Africa and fall under Honda Europe. In case the US dealer is correct on terms of US spec bikes...

It is. Honda switched to the hex wrench and WonderFoam(tm) in 2006 for bikes sold in the U.S. (and I thought Canada, but maybe not).

Since you work in the "rest-of-the-world" market, do you know of a parts dealer that has the parts fiche for that version of the bike online somewhere?

--Mark

I know the thread is two years old, but... I checked a UK dealer's fiche for a 2007 model and the featured tool kit is pretty comprehensive, though it doesn't state categorically that it actually comes with the bike when new. It is listed as a complete set at ?79.54 ($122.40). The spark plug wrench is probably the only tool of any real value; as Sean says, the others are tools you can collect for less money and of better quality.

I also looked at the Ron Ayers fiche for a US 2007 ST and that shows the full tool kit too (although it has three items less). In fact it seems the same for every year, I don't see any that are just an Allen wrench and a piece of foam! Shame on Honda for penny-pinching.

Honda part number 89010-MCS-G00 for the complete 2003 ST1300 tool kit.
Got mine from Zanotti's a few years ago for $35 + S&H.
Merry Christmas!

After seeing/reading this thread, I just realized that the '09 toolkit I first received with my bike WAS the correct version. I couldn't believe the hex driver and foam were the only thing to come with the bike, so I told the dealer it didn't have a toolkit. He ordered me one with the pliers, multi-screw driver and other assorted items that normally come with a bike. I don't know where he got it (stolen from another bike on the floor??) but he obviously didn't know the ST came toolkit-less either.

Scott

Don't you guys know...

The foam is a cushion for you to put one knee on at the side of the road when you pray that you can fix what ever is wrong with just a d--ned allen wrench!:rimshot1:

(Honda figures two knees would be excessive):cus:

Doug

My bike is parked in storage in the USA. I live in Europe and ride in the USA twice yearly (just back). For sure, the one tool I would suggest carrying is the L shaped Hex shaped Key to remove the 3 Hex Screws and panel that covers the battery, otherwise you wont be able to remove the battery for overnight charging, or jump start it........You would also need a screwdriver (medium blade cross head) and a socket to remove the one bolt that hold the battery holder in place, but only if you need to remove the batter. I installed those little battery extension leads that allow a tricle charger to be connected. They dangle just below the saddle so as I dont need to remove anything to perform a trickle charge.
I have discovered that my bike didn't come with the under the seat toolkit. When I questioned the dealer, he stated that because the ST's were so dependable, Honda quit supplying them. While I would agree with the part that they are dependable, I'm not quite buying the fact that it didn't come with one. Perhaps some of you with newer bikes could comment.

Rgds, Ed

Listed below is what I carry - there are a few issue's with after market tool kit's:
Spark plug - make sure it will fit the plug hole and reach the plug's.

One of the things I do is only use my tool kit when working on the bike, if I do not have the tool in my kit that I need then I need to add it but the other side is if I have tool's in my kit and never use them they are taken out. Note: my tool kit is just a small tool bag, easily held in one hand.

With these tools you will be able to: Remove both wheels, remove all the plastic, check under the tank cover, replace the fuel filter, change out the battery, repair a flat, change oil, adjust anything adjustable, replace brakes pad?s, tighten almost anything on the bike, replace the front forks?.etc?.
Screw driver?s;
Phillips #2 bit (magnetized) (2) 1-small, one larger.
The shaft should fit in the small hole?s in the front axle.
Flat blade #2
Wrenches: (open/box end)
6mm ? Can be used on a #6 Allen wrench for extra leverage.
8mm
10mm - (2)
12mm ? Right rear exhaust pipe.
14mm ? Rear brake
17mm ? Oil drain plug. (oil filter remover for long trips)
Sockets:
3/8 ratchet
3? extension (2)
Drive reducer 1/2? to 3/8? drive, and 3/8? drive to 1/4?
6mm, 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 14mm ? rear brake, 22mm ? front axle (1/2 drive), 27mm rear axle (1/2 drive)
Spark plug socket ? need to make sure it fit?s the hole ? standard Honda unit
works well.
6mm (front axle, brakes, all plastic), Allen wrench socket (nice to have)
Allen wrenches:
6mm, Plus a 7.5 (about) - take a old (cheap new) 8mm and grind it down to fit the rear axle
Pliers;
Small needle nose, with a 45 degree bent tip ? great for removing/installing
the small plastic pins.
Standard pliers
Magnetic pickup (looks like a pen) that extends to about 16?.
Paint brush;
Short handle 1 ? - 2? wide paint brush. (Great for cleaning areas before getting dirt in your oil,
under the seat, gas tank, etc.)
Tire repair kit.
Flashlight
Tie?s, tape and some short wire.
PLUS; any tools needed to cover your ?Farkles?
You should always learn how to remove your wheels, someone may come along and offer help but they are unable to transport the bike. Most likely you could put the wheel in the truck. Just to make it more real, remove the wheel in the dark with only a flash light and have the water sprinkler covering the whole area you are working in?.

All of that fit under the seat!? WOW!

Back
Top Bottom