2008 kawasaki concours

PizzaHog

Still Bikeless, More Pathetic
STOC #
FWIW - I was mildly curious until I saw the gas tank specs.

Probably just me, but I like going ~250 miles between fill-ups, and filling up more frequently is a real turn-ff for me. The ST tank size was a big plus in my books.

But, to each their own!

PH

Ed_Grant

Fast Eddie
STOC #
Wonder if Suzuki might put their Busa motor in a sports tourer. Bet they could do a better job of it. That would be interesting. The BKing is just weird though.

Bike
2013 Triumph Trophy
FWIW - I was mildly curious until I saw the gas tank specs.

Probably just me, but I like going ~250 miles between fill-ups, and filling up more frequently is a real turn-ff for me. The ST tank size was a big plus in my books.

But, to each their own!

PH
That's true. I get annoyed on my other bikes when I have to fill up twice in one day.

Baysidebob

My actuary says I'm dead
My dealer sells Honda and Kawi. Money wasn't the issue and he had both on the floor. The biggest reason I chose the ST1300 was V-4 not straight 4. The more even power band is more practical for me. Not as fast as the Kawi but a better daily driver in my opinion. If I wanted a sport bike I would have bought one.

The passenger accommodations on the C14 was the principal reason I didn't go with it. Had my C10 for 7 years and it never let me down. Even happier with my ST. Also like the V4 motor.

slo~ride

Ride, Eat, Sleep, Repeat.
Bike
18 BMW K1600 GTL
STOC #
Motorcycle Consumer News did a test between the new C-14,ST1300 and FJR. The FJR won with the ST1300 in real close 2nd and the C-14 in dead last. Lots of horsepower but not so good handling, fuel milage, or comfort. MCN also stated that the KIPASS security system was a waste.

Bike
2013 Triumph Trophy
Not mine. Carry my cellphone in the left pocket all the time. :shrug2:
Not mine either. I hadn't thought about it, but someone on the forum here said if you go down you probably want to have your phone on you and not the bike just in case you can't get up to get it.

timmybob4

06 ST1300a
Bike
ST1300A
STOC #
I think a few refinements would make it a stronger contender (for me).
1. Tip over protection
2. Better range
3. Better windshield (probably already fixable)

I would also wait for the second or third year of production.

STOC #
Not mine either. I hadn't thought about it, but someone on the forum here said if you go down you probably want to have your phone on you and not the bike just in case you can't get up to get it.
Well, I crashed hard once and the cellphone, which was in my pocket, did not survive. Not to mention the bruise it left on my chest. Of course that was when phones were huge by today's standards. I might reconsider. Sorry for the threadjack.

DONT KID YOUR SELVES ! WE ALL KNOW IN OUR HEARTS THE C14 IS THE BIKE TO BEAT. I LOVE MY ST1300 BUT WE ARE THE LOWEST BIKE ON THE LIST. SURE WE CAN TRY TO FIND OUT AND PICK WHAT WE DONT LIKE ABOUT THE C14, BUT HONDA NEEDS TO GET OFF THEIR BUTTS AND COME UP WITH A NEW VERSION OF THE LEGENDARY ST BIKE BECAUSE FACE IT OR NOT WE ARE LAST ON THE LIST OF SPORT TOURERS.
THANX FOR YOUR TIME AND MY OPNION

STOC #
DONT KID YOUR SELVES ! WE ALL KNOW IN OUR HEARTS THE C14 IS THE BIKE TO BEAT. I LOVE MY ST1300 BUT WE ARE THE LOWEST BIKE ON THE LIST. SURE WE CAN TRY TO FIND OUT AND PICK WHAT WE DONT LIKE ABOUT THE C14, BUT HONDA NEEDS TO GET OFF THEIR BUTTS AND COME UP WITH A NEW VERSION OF THE LEGENDARY ST BIKE BECAUSE FACE IT OR NOT WE ARE LAST ON THE LIST OF SPORT TOURERS.
THANX FOR YOUR TIME AND MY OPNION

Ziiiinnnnnggggggg............................ ;) :trolls

BTW, Why are you yelling at us? :spank1:

Last edited:
Bike
2007 ST1300
I'm just starting to read some of the mags that do the comparos between the sport tourers. The one that sticks out in my mind is the December issue of MCN. Sure, the ST didn't place first, but in the testers notes, they both said that if it was their money, they would get the ST. To me, that says a lot more than the results of the comparo.

Have driven Kaw's in the past I checked on the Connie. Not really impressed with the cheese grater styling on the bags and what not but it looked like a quality bike. My last 4 bikes have been trouble free Honda's and I'm a bit apprehensive of forsaking the top notch quality for a new design with a big motor not to mention the Connie is a bit tall for me and I came from the sport scene where bikes are tall. I'm not one of those "Honda can do no wrong" guys but I'm finding it harder to defend my position. Scooter looks aside, I am really enjoying the ST

Wow, not sure what to say, but it is an ST forum. My last 2 bikes were Hondas(85 V65 Magna and 02 VTX1800C) both awesome and great bikes. After a Labor day weekend ride to the mountains with buddies on a VFR and Goldwing I got the fever for a new bike.(ST) I studied this forum, the FJR, BMW and Concours forums. Rode one of all them. But I was partial to the C14 since the first ad I saw in a bike mag back in July 07. One look and I had to have her. I finally traded my VTX for the C14ABS this past Friday. Due to work and a broken garage door torsion spring I only have 150 miles on her. But all I can say is WOW! It isn't perfect but what bike is! (I know the ST) I do miss the gobbs of low end torque of my VTX a lot, but it's extremely easy to ride, great suspension and handling IMHO. Will need risers, flatten and lower the seat a .5" and a better screen for colder weather but those are very common mods on most bikes, I think, I did all 3 to my VTX anyways. Sure you all do risers, seat mods and screens to your ST's. Will have to see how the heat is in the summer in the Carolina's. Here she is...T

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
No, we don't ALL do risers, seat mods, and windscreens but many do. Just don't say all.

Nice bike you got there.

Bike
2011 BMW R1200GS
STOC #
TLOC- Congrats on your new ride. Hey, the right bike is whatever works best for you and I think most everyone would agree with that. You seem to be very satisfied with your choice and that is what counts. Let the miles of smiles begin.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
TLOC- Congrats on your new ride. Hey, the right bike is whatever works best for you and I think most everyone would agree with that. You seem to be very satisfied with your choice and that is what counts. Let the miles of smiles begin.
+1 here!

Top Bottom