2010 Honda NT700V

Honda has a lightweight to introduce for 2010 680 cc FI, has bags looks like little st but V-twin motor , think it has the mini tip over bars, looks like the St1300 is STill the same not sure what color?

STraycatt

Go Ride!!
Bike
2013 Black CB500X
STOC #
Looks like the deauville that has been available in europe oh these many years. Bout time it made it over the pond.

Blue STreak

Bob Meyer
STOC #
I used to ride a Honda Hawk GT. Same basic engine as in this bike, but 650cc.

The Hawk was fun to ride, but I suspect this new bike is a lot heavier. That little v-twin was spirited, but lacking in torque. Unless they've made major improvements in the 680cc version, this bike is likely to be pretty slow unless you rev the heck out of it.

I used to work for those "guys" at Torrance/CA. Gotta say that 11G for 680cc is a big step DOWN for them. Certainly hope that "Honda's philosophy" is slightly improved "in sight" of this recession and they are finally coming to a accept it. I might be on a market for one in few years when price will come down to 6G for a nice used one.

PizzaHog

Still Bikeless, More Pathetic
STOC #
I don't know any more about this than anyone else [probably less], but some of the visual info is interesting to me:
  • mirrors. They're on stalks, and up; I always had issues with the position of the STs mirrors
  • analogue dash. No more faint LEDs. This wasn't that big of a deal to me, but...
  • shaft drive. A deal-breaker for me. I HATE chain maint.
  • lighter. This usually equals more "flickability".
  • v-twin. Ummm - at what cost to power? I liked to giddy-up on my ST, and liked the low-end power-band too.
  • windshield. I didn't move my windshield much, so this possible step backwards might not be too bad.

If this is the precursor for the '10 ST...

Bike
03ST11P,94ST11A
STOC #
When I was looking to change my 98 3rd Gen Magna I came across the Deauville and cursed Honda for not releasing it here, but I guess since the PC800 didn't go so well they didn't see it as worthwhile.

The ST only a little heavier but much more competent from what I read. The only reason the smaller dressed bike exists in the UK and Europe is for cheaper insurance - which is normally based around engine size / performance. Since insurance is cheap here you are better off on the bigger bike.

-- Mark

Blue STreak

Bob Meyer
STOC #
I could see the 700 as a commuter bike. The bags make it practical, it's probably more maneuverable at low speeds, and probably gets better mileage. But 11K is just way too much for a commuter bike. I would buy a used ST before a new NTV.

Blue One

Vendor
Bike
04 ABS ST1300
Seat Height: 31.7 inches
Fuel Capacity: 5.2 gallons, including 0.9-gallon reserve
Colors: NT700V: Metallic Red, Metallic Silver
NT700VA ABS: Metallic Silver
Curb Weight*: 566 pounds (NT700V) / 571 pounds (NT700VA ABS)

For a bike of this size it is a porker. And underpowered too. And the seat height is enough to scare away many shorter riders.

I wonder when the rest of the manufacturers are going to wake up ?

When we were looking for a sport touring oriented bike for Jan, all we could find that would fit her was the BMW F 800 ST.

With an 85 HP parallel twin and belt drive, factory lowered with the lowest seat as well as 440 lb weight it has been perfect for her as she is barely 5' -2".

Anyone who attended Westoc saw Jan and her "baby ST" as she was given best non ST this year at the show n shine.

She has only been riding for 3 years now and did over 3500 miles this August on our Westoc trip.

Larry

Attachments

Top Bottom