2014 Super Tenere - Gets some upgrades ZE Edition

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
Being a bike ***** (if you can afford it) is amost THE perfect pastime.......................have fun on the STs.................ff

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I'd like to see if the fuel miles with bags has changed any.. I remember Rod had a big problem with that...
I doubt it... it was looking like I'd get around 240 when I picked it up - no bags... maybe 200+ before it would start blinking but I needed a break at 170-ish and was taking it easy during the break-in period.

I like the gauges much better but I think the mileage is maybe a hair better than the previous model - if that. Most bikes these days seem to be designed around a 180-200 mile range.. you get spoiled having an ST tank.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
How do you like the Super Tenere now Joe? and is it much better/different than the vstrom 650?
It's a blast to ride. So was the last one I had. Tough to put into words... the vstrom is also fun to ride but a little bland when you aren't pushing it... the Super Ten just always feels fun. It could be the newness of it still.

Bike
Vstrom 650
the Super Ten just always feels fun
Sounds great and good luck with it,when I get my finances sorted next year I'll hopefully be in the market for an S10 or a crosstourer.I'd like to see some pics of her when you have her kitted out your way.I don't think the factory luggage is great on either bike.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Sounds great and good luck with it,when I get my finances sorted next year I'll hopefully be in the market for an S10 or a crosstourer.I'd like to see some pics of her when you have her kitted out your way.I don't think the factory luggage is great on either bike.

Last edited:

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
That will just about fall into the time frame when Joe will sell you this nice ride!! :D

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
What crash bars, skid plate, windshield add-on deflector and aux lights are those, Joe? Thx.
Altrider skid plate and crash bars.

MRA x-creen spoiler.

Rigid Industries Dually D2 driving and Advmonster model 60 lights.

Joe looks like your going somewhere
Gonna try to make the motocampers chill out event.

Bike
Vstrom 650
That will just about fall into the time frame when Joe will sell you this nice ride!!
LOL, wrong side of the ocean though it would be a fantastic buy after Joe has her all farkled up,I think this one could be a keeper though,
The bike looks fantastic Joe,thanks for the pic.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Yeah, a lot of universal stuff as well.

The OEM bags I do like but you pretty much need the oem or similar sized trunk to be able to open the lids as they are close in to the bike... makes it more narrow but reduces your options on bags. Many don't run a trunk at all or use one like the oem which is more like a narrow square box. I went with the Trekker Outbacks because I knew I could re-use by give V46 top box and the left bag lid would clear, the right one I just remove by lifting it a little then release the other side and it comes off so a slight compromise there. I like my v46 top case because I already had some led lights I put in it and power when it was on the vstrom.

Bike
2013 650 vSTrom
STOC #
Altrider skid plate and crash bars.

MRA x-creen spoiler.

Rigid Industries Dually D2 driving and Advmonster model 60 lights.

Gonna try to make the motocampers chill out event.
Joe, is that the clamp-on MRA spoiler or did you drill your screen?

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Joe, is that the clamp-on MRA spoiler or did you drill your screen?
I drilled it... It also came with longer arms so you could position it higher but the way it is seems to work well for me.

Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #
I like the Altrider stuff. I was leaning this way after watching the video(s) on their site. The crash bars especially look well thought out.

Bags are my big problem. Without seeing them in person its tough to get an idea of quality and look on the bike. Are your bags 37 litre? Jesse bags seem to have the reputation for being the best - or least it seems that way in the threads and articles I was reading. Wondering if its worth the premium and whether I really need the toughest made bags - no RTW plans - yet ;-)

I read in 2 places that Givi bags had a problem with poor/breaking hinges & locks, but the info was a little old. Likely fixed by now if the problem existed at all. Do you know?

Top Bottom