40 years.

Da Bear

Ask me about my cat...
Bike
'03 ST1300
I was supposed to be a one night stand.
Seriously.
We were both coming off disastrous marriages and were not even looking for something serious.
38 years in, on the anniversary of the day she said yes, we rushed to the ER. The news crushed me: Cancer.
Part of my vows the day we were married, were "I have no idea how much time we have together, but no matter what, this is gonna end way too soon..."
37 years, 3 months and 26 days later, at 10:10 AM PDT, I lost the love of my life. Just a few days ago, before she slipped into a coma, she said "This has been the longest and best night of my life..."
We did 3,400 miles on a 1985 450 Nighthawk, on our honeymoon. She said it was the best trip she had ever been on.
The best one I've ever been on ended yesterday...
After 40 years...

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
Telling us of your loss helps you to endure this difficult time. No one should mourn alone the loss of a loved one. Deepest sympathy for the loss of your love.

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin
Da Bear - I've been following your posts on ADV rider. You and your love have endured so much. All that she was and is, is still with you and always will be there for you. Life is so unfair and yet in that mystery it gives us twists and flavors that makes living an adventure. Your life's chapter has changed and I truly hope you find peace and fulfillment.

All my best to you

Dan

sirbike

Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1300A
2024 Miles
Thank you for sharing your joy.
Thank you for sharing loss.
Sorry for your loss and I hope your joy of a life with her will, in time, outshine your feeling of loss.
Peace

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Lovely words, Da Bear.
My own words are not, so I will pray God's peace for you.
It's good that you can feel that way after these decades, though. Many cannot, if they last as long together.

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
I am keeping you in my thoughts and wishing you strength to cope with this terrible loss and sadness. Once the sharpness of the pain subsides, may your memories of her and your life together bring you joy. You are both so fortunate to have known that kind of love; many never do.

Patty

Bike
2006 ST1300
My sincere condolences on your profound loss. Words alone are not sufficient, but wishing you peace and acceptance.

Diggers1300

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
So so sorry for your loss.

Thanks for sharing your feelings with us. Makes me really think about my wife of 30 years and not to take for granted the time that we have left together. Thank you for that.

Bike
2016 FJR1300 ES
So sorry to hear this. I wish you all kinds of strength in the coming days/weeks/months. Sounds like you have some wonderful memories to cherish, which is so important in the long run.

Top Bottom