A BMW I'd actually like to own.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
The BMW Cyberpunk Motorrad Definiton CE O4 just rolls off the tongue. It's a concept electric scooter designed for urban travel. It's not a sportbike/tourer/sport-tourer/cruiser. If it ever makes production it should just be called the O4. It looks a little something like a Judge Dredd off duty or unmarked motor. The coat is pretty cool too. I can almost hear the cries of disgust even as I type. :rofl1:

This may have been posted before but I don't remember seeing it.

Last edited:
Bike
2007 STinkerbell
Considering how different that scoot looks, they should have gone for the gusto and put 2 wheels up front, Nikken-like.
Nothing wrong with not needing to put your feet down at traffic lights.

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
Was that a restoration project? OEM or customized? Year and model? Pretty!
It is a bone-stock 1983 R100RS that has been thoroughly gone over by a restorer and re-painted (all prior to me buying it). The colour scheme is not really my favourite, but the paint job is superb and the bike runs like a top. It also came with Krauser bags in nice shape and a dual seat in mint condition. I have wanted one of these bikes since they were first introduced in 1977 - when I was a 19 year old engineering student. I got tossed out of a BMW dealership in Ottawa when I went in and dared to sit on one - and now 43 years later, I've got one.

Bike
VStrom 650
After reading the first ten lines of that link (no, I don't know why I bothered either) I can't understand a word of it.
Which I guess means, for me at least, move on there's nothing to see here.
Nice RS and GT though.
Upt'North.

Bike
2006 ST1300
Although the BMW 04 will most likely out of my reach financially, I could see owning something like this. Despite having our plans temporarily suspended due to the pandemic, we plan on selling our present house, and building a new one ( yes, WE build our houses) in the near future. Besides building it to near Net Zero specs, IF we have the money left over, I'd love to add solar panels to it, making a scooter like this one truly "emissions free". I did some work for a customer who installed solar panels in just enough quantity that he can now drive his Tesla " emissions free" plus run his refrigerator.

I hope other companies start building some reasonable "commuting" style e-motorcycles. Looking at you, Honda.......

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
I did some work for a customer who installed solar panels in just enough quantity that he can now drive his Tesla " emissions free" plus run his refrigerator.
Teslas take a lot of electricity, if they came home with an empty battery how long would it take to recharge the car? I know mostly people just have to top up for their average daily driving 30 to 50 miles but just wondering if it can fully charge an empty battery.

Bike
2006 ST1300
Teslas take a lot of electricity, if they came home with an empty battery how long would it take to recharge the car? I know mostly people just have to top up for their average daily driving 30 to 50 miles but just wondering if it can fully charge an empty battery.
Gerhard—
I am just guessing ( heard he did this from a mutual friend) that he is selling the power to the utilities, and charging the car from his regular 220 volt incoming power. I read up on this a bit, and you are right to question it- it requires between 50 and 100 KWh to completely charge the Tesla. Even a 10Kw system would take a while to charge it! If I find out the particulars, I’ll share them.

amorley

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 BMW K1600GTS
2024 Miles
SPOT
LINK
My son's Model 3 will charge fully overnight from a 220V 30 A outlet he had installed in his garage.

Top Bottom