A much needed upgrade

OP
OP
Esti1300
Bike
'06 ST1300A
Modified my installation using the metal joiner piece as suggested.
Attempt #1 with the piece mounted on the outboard side of the downward stay bar. This position did not allow for the middle cowl to fit properly.
Attempt #2 - moved the piece to the inboard side. Middle cowl went on easy and the inner cowl needed a bit of coaxing but with the slightest angle modification of the joiner piece, the inner cowl fell into place.
Forgot to take pics :doh1:

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
Modified my installation using the metal joiner piece as suggested.
Attempt #1 with the piece mounted on the outboard side of the downward stay bar. This position did not allow for the middle cowl to fit properly.
Attempt #2 - moved the piece to the inboard side. Middle cowl went on easy and the inner cowl needed a bit of coaxing but with the slightest angle modification of the joiner piece, the inner cowl fell into place.
Forgot to take pics :doh1:
Yes, take pictures please.
I'll be fitting one in a few weeks.
Thanks

OP
OP
Esti1300
Bike
'06 ST1300A
Yes, take pictures please.
Kevin, that’s not happening as the Tupperware is all back on, however available for an assist over the phone if required (PM me) when you get your unit.
That being said, I’m confident you can work it out.;)

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
Kevin, that’s not happening as the Tupperware is all back on, however available for an assist over the phone if required (PM me) when you get your unit.
That being said, I’m confident you can work it out.;)
LOL ..... I laughed hard when I read your post. The fairings are such a PITA, that removing them is never an option if not completely necessary. I thought about my fairing removal when I get my horn and I cringed. :)
No problem, I should be ok....

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
… and in Canada via Amazon.ca. CDN $20.00 but I’ve seen them as low as $13.00.
Of course that doesn’t compare to RockAuto where you can pick one up for the price of two packs of Juicy Fruit. :oops:
Rock Auto always has great prices. Shipping is getting ridiculous though and I'm sure their sales are dropping because of it.

Below is an example of how the shipping charge changes them as an option for purchase.
$23.10 for shipping a $10 Fiamm horn to me. $37.77 total.
$22 on Amazon was a good deal.

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
Rock Auto always has great prices. Shipping is getting ridiculous though and I'm sure their sales are dropping because of it.

Below is an example of how the shipping charge changes them as an option for purchase.
Princess Auto. $19.99 Even better when they come on sale.

1685487812931.png

rwthomas1

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100 non-ABS

Thats interesting, I can get both shipped to my door for just under $25. Must be a cross border thing.

Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
April 2021 (2 years ago), I got mines for $12.99 CAD at the local princess auto. They were on sale.

Fiamm explained to him that the length of the bracket is part of the function of the horn. They explained that to work properly the horn must vibrate. The length of these brackets is designed to allow the horn to vibrate at a specific frequency to get both the tone and the volume that they are designed to provide.
Hey.... I didn't knew that....
Thanks for the tip Andrew.
I was planning to make a bracket from scratch.

Last edited:
Bike
VFR750F, ST1300
I found this thread looking for horn upgrades. How has these horns held up? Any issues with riding in rain, soaking them and getting water inside?

I'm also considering this setup....

rwthomas1

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100 non-ABS
I found this thread looking for horn upgrades. How has these horns held up? Any issues with riding in rain, soaking them and getting water inside?

I'm also considering this setup....
OK, that made me laugh hysterically. Wow, the look on motorists faces must be fantastic. GTFO the way!

Top Bottom