add one trailer to the STable

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Just got my h20rider trailer. Helped to build it and with the hitch too. More fun that way.

Kreis and Carlos had the basic frame finished when I got here on Friday. Kreis and I spent Friday evening planning the hitch. When Carlos got here on Saturday we started all over.

Anyway, here's a few pics from start to finish. Note the clean paint job, Kreis is an artist with a rattle can. And Carlos is a PRO welder.

IMG_1093 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_1095 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_1101 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_1098 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_1108 (768x1024).jpg

IMG_1109 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_1110 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_1112 (1024x768).jpg

Kreis and Carlos acquire the metal locally, frame is steel square tubing and angle iron. Hitch is flat strap and round rod. Receiver is 2x2 tubing, tongue is smaller solid rod square stock. No ball, just hitch pin. Pan is sheet aluminum with stainless drawer pulls as tie-down anchors.

Hub, wheel 'n tar, tail light, and fender are from Northern Hydraulic supply.

Pulls straight with my ~40# load, can't even tell its there, so much so I gotta get a flag pole I can see in the mirror to remind me I've got a trailer.

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
too cool!!! You will be in high clover now George. How long befor you have the trailer and the bike loaded up? :duck: I want one Kreis. We have to talk. I could force myself to work some OT to get into one of those. Now that you know what to do to make it work on the 1100 all I need is the price and cost of shipping. it would be a pretty flat box with the wheel off. Barring that i will blast down and pick it up. send me a PM Kreis when you want to talk turkey.

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800
That U-joint and square tube sure smells of a PTO shaft???

I can see this being very stable with that ultra low CG. Looks Good! Next time we're together I'll volunteer to go for a ride on the trailer with ya George. See how she handles with a proper load (300lb.) :rofl1:

The flatbed design is not one I would have imagined. Very utilitarian!

Gene

That's MR CUPCAKE to you!
STOC #
I missed all the fun up in Pa parting with the Rockafeller's !!!! Trekker that is .

PopJack

Die young, after a long life.
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
Hey! I want credit as "official chauffeur" :(

Seriously, it is a very nice design, and it was a pleasure to get to be present while some of the work was being done by them that know how.

Bike
'08 Connie C14
STOC #
Just think of all the stuff you can bring to the campouts!!

But what are you going to lean on now??? You going to have to get a backrest???

Looking good, George.

Austin city limits

R.I.P. - 2010/11/19
Rest In Peace
East Central Illinois... 12 miles from Moonshine..
Bike
2006 ST1300 ABS
What a great Trailer!!!:bow1:

The Uni-go has its place but,,,

Blow a tire on a uni-go and good luck getting it fixed that day,,, or maybe,,, that week!!! It is a special tire made to fit a Uni-go...

The "Kreis Kart"/"Weigel Wagon" can be repaired in even a Walmart!!! It might have simple parts,,, but I will take Simple that works,,, and can haul nearly anything!!!:bow1:

Even Georges Tyres for a year of trips!!! :cool:

OP
OP
George
Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Thanks to Jack for carting me around yesterday to get more parts (specifically, the fender) while Kreis and Carlos were welding. He got even today tho as we worked on his bike. :D

Gene, wish you could'a been here too.

Got the flag and some reflective decals on today, trailer is loaded but we're gonna do a local loop tomorrow, prolly leave here early Tuesday.

Gene

STOC #
Leans better than a unigo no weight up top , I love the thing you forget its back there mine was rock solid up to 107 two up coming home from campstoc last yr on thr interstate !
Posted via Mobile Device

Digiamo

Come play with us, Danny......
Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
Very Nice! I guess this will allow for more kitchen at meal times. :)
Though I can't imagine more being better that you already have.
And just be sure to back into the down hill parking spots.

OP
OP
George
Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
What you said, Danny! I gotta remember its back there, a struggle for me.

Ash, there are no current plans for mass production but it can be done locally. All ya need is a decent wire welder and a source of metal, plus a Harbor Freight or National Hydraulic supply. Oh, and someone who can sheet brake that big piece of aluminum. The plan is simple and easily duplicated, Kreis and Carlos are not in the trailer biz per-se so no copy right infringement worries. Pat in Ohio (sirepair) built his own, with suspension added.

Gene

STOC #
I have Only Original Weigel Wagon in existence !! These thigs really are a platform that can be adapted to many types of box or pan ,I use a smaller grear box strapped to a custom sized pan .

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
So George, who'd ya steal the license plate from?!? ;)

This thing looks really cool. Is there any plans available on paper for this thing? How easy is it to fabricate a hitch for a 1300?

Bike
2012 K-1600 GTL
STOC #
I followed the original back from NatSTOC in AR the year I met Kreis and it was smooth as could be, the only problem then was the back fender was a fold of metal from teh deck and it ddn't hold up too good. Glad to see how the design is maturing and becoming more refined.

Notice I said "followed"...If that cop hadn't a caught Kreis, I never would have caught up. :)

Chris

Top Bottom