Adjusting rear shock preload to "standard" setting

Shawn K

Professional Cat Confuser
Bike
GL1800
STOC #
A stock ST1300 shock's rebound adjustment is a screw with approximate 3 turns from full soft to full hard. It doesn't have numbers or notches. Do you have an aftermarket shock with a different method of adjusting rebound compression?
I stand corrected. I was thinking about a different shock.

Your suggestion is correct. @tmoldovan - set your rebound the way that dduelin suggested, but what I suggested about preload/ride height still stands.

Bike
2007 STinkerbell
I stand corrected. I was thinking about a different shock.

Your suggestion is correct. @tmoldovan - set your rebound the way that dduelin suggested, but what I suggested about preload/ride height still stands.
Very good. I’ve set the rebound as suggested (fully hard, then back a full turn), and it seems to work well on the initial ride.

Bike
2012 ST1300A
I hope the people who are having trouble putting the bike on the center stand are putting the bike in neutral first. I have two females who worked for me that weighed a buck twenty and they didn't have any problem. Larry's technique (proper foot placement and rocking the bike back without the use of the handle) makes it almost effortless. If you are fighting it, you want to fix your technique before your grenade your back.

If you turned all the way out or counter clockwise and went in 7 clickes ,sounds like your just getting into the tention of the spring ! Should be a lot more left and you will feel increased presure on the knob as you turn it clockwise ! I sure some more members can chime in but I think I am correct ! Hope this helps ,good luck !

MIKE
Look at the lines on body to see how far you have adjuster turned in.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
You do realize you just answered a post from 10 years ago right ;)
Zombie Thread

Top Bottom