All Key Lost - 2009 Honda St1300

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
So now anyone with a bore scope, can get the number off a bike parked somewhere, order some keys, and come back later and steal someone’s bike.
What advice is next? How to Hotwire an ST?

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
My brother in Colorado has the key, so let me pass this information on to him to see if he has the key code
You should probably avoid the OEM Honda key blanks as they can easily break under wear and tear. Should a lock not function well excessive torque (that seems reasonable at the time) can be very inconvenient.

Look for the ILCO X265 HD109 key blank. Compare to STock STuff it's a heavy duty blank that resists breaking under the same circumstances that damage a factory key. No we shouldn't be torquing any blank to failure but it happens.

The ILCO blank is subject to rust if not stored properly. That may or may not be a problem should a "hidden" key be needed. Easily avoided though.

No Honda dealer near me can cut a key by the numbers but I've read here that some third-parties can.

I now avoid one longtime lock smithery that changed hands. They couldn't cut a fully functional copy off a pristine factory key what worked properly. The new owners gave me the vibe that they are why you want locks.

Bike
VFR750F, ST1300
No Honda dealer near me can cut a key by the numbers but I've read here that some third-parties can.
There is some software that’s needed to translate 3-digit key-code into 7/8-digit cut-codes (nibble depth) for key cutting machine. As mentioned, many dealers outsource this process to outside outfits.

Bike
VFR750F, ST1300
So now anyone with a bore scope, can get the number off a bike parked somewhere, order some keys, and come back later and steal someone’s bike.
Nope, nothing new. When I needed new keys for my bike, which came with just one very worn-out key, I Googled for that and was pointed to links here with all pertinent info.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
Not over here, as said you'll need ID, title & proof of ownership to apply, preferable also the small tag that came with/on the original key ring...

Top Bottom