And So It Begins

Bike
R1200rt
There have been a couple of reports of the "Pan Weave" with the car tires at just over 100 mph

The Dan

The Dude Abides
Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
How many ounces are you putting in? I've been using 4oz.

BTW, if you plug a tire using the beads for balancing, you'll have "maybe" 2,000 miles before re-plugging it! DAMHIK!
I run 2oz in the front and 3 in the rear running double dark.

Earl43P

Wrencher turned Rider
Bike
04 ST1300
STOC #
Michelin Pilot Activ Rear Motorcycle Tire 130/70H-18 want to try this one on front https://www.ridersdomain.com/motorcycle-tires/michelin-pilot-activ-rear-motorcycle-tire-p
I have NOT run that tire on my ST1300, opting instead for the BT45 (which I like on the ST).

I have, however, run 4 of the Michelin Pilot Activs on my other two Double Dark-sided motorcycles.

On the Valkyrie Interstate, I have liked that tire greatly. It sticks to the road well and handles the weight. I have used two different sizes, neither of which matched the OEM size. Both made the speedometer more inaccurate.

On my GL1500I, I am wearing out my second Activ, at about 25,000 on the presently installed one. I got 36,000 from the first one and it would have passed State Inspection at the time of removal but I was doing major maintenance so I replaced it and the rear at the same time. Odd, but I got MORE miles from the Activ fronts than I do from the Austone taxi tire on the rears of this bike.

FYI, with the tread design of the Activ, I purposely run it reverse rotation so that it sipes the water away. If you look at it with an E3 side by side in the photo below, you'll see that it makes good sense. I do NOT run the BT45 reversed due to its neutral tread pattern.

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
@Zonker Hi, Matt. I've wondered where you've been the last few years. Glad to hear that you're still around. Still got your Ural?

John

I've read all I can find about Darkside, talked to those in the know and finally decided to do the deed. I've read all the warnings concerning flames, lightening, and divine wrath if I continue my fools quest.

What I didn't expect was flak from the Brown Truck Driver. I wasn't home when the tires arrived, however the driver grilled the wife concerning my intent with one motorcycle tire (BT) and one car tire (Hankook). The wife mumbled something about some better mileage experiment, and feigned ignorance which seemed to placate the driver.

I choose to think it was idle curiosity rather than seep down from the Nanny State. <grin>

And So It Begins-Small.jpg
Looking at the CT, it looks too wide???

Bike
2012 ST1300
STOC #
I've read all I can find about Darkside, talked to those in the know and finally decided to do the deed. I've read all the warnings concerning flames, lightening, and divine wrath if I continue my fools quest.

What I didn't expect was flak from the Brown Truck Driver. I wasn't home when the tires arrived, however the driver grilled the wife concerning my intent with one motorcycle tire (BT) and one car tire (Hankook). The wife mumbled something about some better mileage experiment, and feigned ignorance which seemed to placate the driver.

I choose to think it was idle curiosity rather than seep down from the Nanny State. <grin>

And So It Begins-Small.jpg
Can this combo be done on the ST with NO modifications? I thought I read where the rear swingarm needs to be polished or ground for proper fit.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Can this combo be done on the ST with NO modifications? I thought I read where the rear swingarm needs to be polished or ground for proper fit.
Only on 1100s.. 1300s are good to go.

Top Bottom