Avon Storm Info

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
I know that but it would be funny to hear the silence on the other end of the line.
I honestly do respect your decision not to sell the Storms. I appreciate your how you and your company are honest and don't want the liability. I would do the same if it were my company. You helped me out with a rear storm I had a flat on and replaced it under the road hazard warranty. As long as you are fair and honest and give the great service you have in the past to me, I will be buying tires from you.

OP
OP
Two Brothers

Two Brothers

Walking, Talking, and Smiling!
Sure... I have two acres. I have the room...the last 19 or so of you may have to take a cold shower! I have a garden hose you guys can use to speed the shower process up.
Brrr... been there done that. Thanks I was jk we have a room on the southside. Looking forward to the race it will be our 1st GP.

OP
OP
Two Brothers

Two Brothers

I honestly do respect your decision not to sell the Storms. I appreciate your how you and your company are honest and don't want the liability. I would do the same if it were my company. You helped me out with a rear storm I had a flat on and replaced it under the road hazard warranty. As long as you are fair and honest and give the great service you have in the past to me, I will be buying tires from you.

Thanks Landon that means a lot.

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
Brrr... been there done that. Thanks I was jk we have a room on the southside. Looking forward to the race it will be our 1st GP.
You should try to come up friday evening for the cookout/bonfire! We love to meet ya.

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
Tim,I don't see how selling the Storms could cause you any problems as long as you have a disclaimer about ST fitment on your invoice and website. As long as the customer is informed of Avon's policy then the customer himself is assuming responsibility. Of course I'm no attorney, but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express before.

OP
OP
Two Brothers

Two Brothers

Tim,I don't see how selling the Storms could cause you any problems as long as you have a disclaimer about ST fitment on your invoice and website. As long as the customer is informed of Avon's policy then the customer himself is assuming responsibility. Of course I'm no attorney, but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express before.
OK good one:bow1:

Disclaimers are about as good as the paper they are written on. We would still have to defend ourselves. I hate courtrooms. We're just poor redneck Georgia boys trying to get by. Damn we sound kinda like Bo and Luke Duke.

yeehaw

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
I cannot speak for Tim...but I don't think its all about a disclaimer and his liability. While that plays a role, I think he actually cares about customers..ie forum members.. and does not want to put anybody at that risk. While we have all used them and not experienced anything bad, it only takes one tire to go bad an ruin the day for everyone involved. You gotta respect that.

If anyone is that dedicated to Storms...I am sure you will find other vendors that will sell them. But to me if the manufacture and dealer is saying not to put them on our bikes, then I won't. Because I think they more than anyone would want to sell tires, it must be bad if they are saying not to do it.

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
Hey can I still park in the yard if I ride my Harley?
If there is enough room...I have a concrete basketball court that can be used for parking...and the garage...or gravel drive, I don't like getting oil in my yard:D

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
Tim, thanks for the update. Since they're in Washington state, give me their address and I'll drop by and pay them a visit! I still like my Storms.

John

OP
OP
Two Brothers

Two Brothers

If there is enough room...I have a concrete basketball court that can be used for parking...and the garage...or gravel drive, I don't like getting oil in my yard:D

Harley riders are tough I'll just throw my leather jacket down and let it soak it up.

deanrd

06 ST1300a
Bike
06 ST1300a
You should try to come up friday evening for the cookout/bonfire! We love to meet ya.
Cookout? Food? I'm leaving NH on Wed the 10th for the motogp. Are you having a gathering nearby? It'd be nice to meet some breathren!
Although I will have Ducati and BMW owners with me! :D

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
...if the manufacture and dealer is saying not to put them on our bikes, then I won't. Because I think they more than anyone would want to sell tires, it must be bad if they are saying not to do it.
Except the manufacturer lists the Honda ST 1300 Pan European as an approved fitment. It appears that only in the USA they take this stance.

STOC #
Not sure how I missed this tread, but the weather/hurricanes have had me hopping with work.

Any way,
Tnks for passing this info Tim, I was on the fence between two and went with the storms Doh.....
lol I have had no issues with them to date and hope to be getting my next set from you too, whichever brand you have that you back at that time ;) :D

Summer - Grand Forks, BC, Winter - Hemet CA
Bike
1999 ST 1100
STOC #
Deb and I haven't had any issues with the 4 sets of Storms we've used on our ST 1100's this year. We love the way they feel - we just wish they would last a little longer.

On the other hand, I recently changed tires on Brian R's ST 1100 from the Bridgestone BT 021's and put on the Bridgestone Excedra's (bought from Tim). He only had 1,000 miles on his front tire but it was already showing significant wear outside the centre strip. He'd had to have it installed on his way up here as the BT 021 he started out with was unsafe with just over 3,000 miles on it and the only replacement he could find was another BT 021. Needless to say, he isn't impressed with these tires and sent a note to Bridgestone to see if they would do anything about it. The Bridgestone rep's response was:

Subject: Bridgestone
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 10:54:03 -0500
To: xxxxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com

Brian,

BT021 is a radial-ply, the ST1100 is designed for bias-ply.

Bridgestone do not recommend this application.

In light of this response, I think it is reasonable for us to warn all ST 1100 riders that Bridgestone does not recommend installing BT 021's on this bike (despite their advertizements about how it is designed for a "Sport Touring Application").

Top Bottom