Avon Storm Info

RCS

OK guys spoke with the customer service rep.
The reasoning for the non-approval on the ST1300 is they have experianced some high wobble issues with the tire on ST1300's.
They have not seen any failures on the tires, but there is some concern on the "wobble" issue.

They are currently looking into the situation and doing research into it.
The rep said that it could be up to a year before they release an upgraded tire. He stated that a news release when they find out what the problem is will be released.

Now for the good part. He also stated that in the case of a failure on these tires they will not be responsible for any liabilty if it's installed incorrectly ie: Avon Storm on a ST1300.

This being said Two Brothers will not install any of these tires on ST1300's out of our shop. As far as selling to Forum members I'm not sure at this point.
We ride way to fast and too many miles to get hurt for something stupid.

It would weigh heavy on our mind and hearts knowing we sold something to someone that we knew was wrong and something happen to them.

Hope this clears things up a little.
Everyone ride safe and check your air pressure.
What is your best recommended tire for the ST1300 at this time? Also, do you ship to dealers? - since they will be installing for me.

Raven

"two wrecks" - RIP ACL
Bike
Aprilia Caponord
STOC #
Okay, so the Avon Storm IS approved for the PanEuropean ST1300 but NOT for the ST1300?

What's the difference (except a few thousand miles of geography)?

Bike
'10 ST1300
STOC #
I am currently wearing out my 3rd set of storms on my 1300 and have had no issues other than picking up nails/screws in the rear tires. I love the feel of them. I will continue to use them as long as I can purchase them at a reasonable price. As for the 'wobble' issue... have had no hint of 'wobble' on my ST at any speed with any tire. Getting up to the magical 120 target speed is a hazard around these parts as it will likely get you a free ride in a police car to spend some time in the room with bars on the windows. YMMV

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Okay, so the Avon Storm IS approved for the PanEuropean ST1300 but NOT for the ST1300?

What's the difference (except a few thousand miles of geography)?
There are no differences in the bikes sold on either side of the pond but I suspect that you can't call 1-800-Ask Gary from London or Berlin.

deanrd

06 ST1300a
Bike
06 ST1300a
Check this link out:
https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27518

Let me know if your going to make it by and how many...so I can get food bought.
We're having a meeting on Sunday to discuss schedule. For now, travel Wed arrive late Thurs., Friday track not sure about evening yet. My friends are big Ducati fans and have ins with Ducati N. Amer. group. Sat. was considering a visit to my sister in Bremen, flat track Sat nite. Suinday is race, then home Mon/Tues. Maybe I'll break away Fri. nite. More to follow
Thanx - Dean

Hi Everyone,,

Since I 'm a newbie in the Sport-touring Market, and have had my ST 1300 for only 9 months, What other tire is Highly Recommended ???? I live in Florida, and I ride in the rain, Actual Frog Strangling down pours,, So I like tires that do well in wet weather. I really like The Storms :biker:

Thanks for all the Opinions

Later,,,,,, VERN :smrtcar1:

Top Bottom