Back surgery re-hab question

OP
OP
markst1100
Bike
2001 ST-1100
STOC #
Post PT update:
Doctor gave me the go ahead to start riding last Wed.
Took it easy...feels ok....looks like I'm ready to roll.
Have been quite diligent in doing my PT and home exercises. [this was key to my recovery]
Will continue to take it easy...so far my back surgery has been a great success!:)

Bike
'19 Kawasaki Z900
STOC #
Very happy to hear that things are going well.

I will be going in for mine within a few weeks. They found arthritis and tissue growth from my surgery 12 years ago is severely compressing the nerve at L4-L5.

Looks like I am going to get away with some clean-up rather than the fusion.... Outpatient surgery with full recovery within 3-4 weeks. Getting off easy this time...

Keep up with the therapy!!!!!

Winged_STer

Gary Gray
Site Supporter
Bike
'20 BMW R1250GS Adv
2024 Miles
STOC #
These are all encouraging reports! I just found out I have blown out L4-L5 and L5-S1. Plus there is a fair amount of arthritis too. Not even 50 yet.

Don't find out about my plan of attack until this Friday. I am certainly not looking forward to it.

Bike
'19 Kawasaki Z900
STOC #
These are all encouraging reports! I just found out I have blown out L4-L5 and L5-S1. Plus there is a fair amount of arthritis too. Not even 50 yet.

Don't find out about my plan of attack until this Friday. I am certainly not looking forward to it.
Stay positive and FOLLOW the Dr's guidance. That is where I usually cause problems for myself. I had my second back surgery on Sept. 6th. Luckily this time it was just arthritis and scar tissue clean-up off the nerves at L4-L5 from the previous surgery. I was riding the ST to work on Sept. 14th. As my progress started going backwards I realized it was time to put the bike away for a while.

Day by day it gets better...... Just remember that the sooner you accept their recommendations and move forward with getting it fixed the sooner you can get back to doing the things you enjoy, PAIN FREE.

Like riding an ST......

Eric

Last edited:

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
I'm starting to feel stiffness in my back now. It started after I moved to Denver, don't know if it is altitude related or not.

I'm wondering if it is arthritis since the joints in my fingers are bothering me as well now too. My long rides are starting to kill my hands :rolleyes:

I'm sure when it gets cold, it doesn't help.

Top Bottom