Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Well, I probably should not have, but I took a little 200 mile test run today (weather was decent) to get one of my favorite hamburgers and to test out my new Gordon's Heated Gloves (just did a review). The leg wasn't as 'comfortable' as I would have liked, but it wasn't too bad. And the leg did not swell up any more than 'normal' although the belly certainly did! Did I tell you their double half pounder is two half pound patties and the bacon hangs over the sides? :biggrin:

The Real Deal Hamburger.jpgThe Real Deal Hamburger Alone.jpg

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
I’m glad to hear that you’re getting out again, Uncle Phil. But now, you’ve reminded me that I need to ride to Lynnville, for one of those burgers.

John

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
Well, I probably should not have, but I took a little 200 mile test run today (weather was decent) to get one of my favorite hamburgers and to test out my new Gordon's Heated Gloves (just did a review). The leg wasn't as 'comfortable' as I would have liked, but it wasn't too bad. And the leg did not swell up any more than 'normal' although the belly certainly did! Did I tell you their double half pounder is two half pound patties and the bacon hangs over the sides? :biggrin:

That looks delicious. Are those curly fries or mangled onion rings? Either way eat enough of those and you'll need the other leg done too. :) Still, not a bad trade off.

OP
OP
Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
That looks delicious. Are those curly fries or mangled onion rings?
Either way eat enough of those and you'll need the other leg done too.
Seasoned curly fries - and at least you die with a smile on your face!
And yes they are as good as they look. ;)
In reality, my leg blood clot was not result of PAD but came from the medical device they inserted to fix my abdominal aneurysm.
It started manufacturing blood clots and sent a couple down my left leg, lodging behind my knee.
I'm on a 'Lexus' blood thinner now (I could lease a Lexus for what a monthly prescription costs but I do have good insurance).
My arteries, per numerous cardiac tests and surgical 'examinations', are clean though I do have heredity high cholesterol (there's a foot long name for it).
It drives the doctors a little crazy because I don't fit their popular medical 'models'.
At least I won that part of the heredity lottery! :biggrin:

Bike
VStrom 650

Salad?!?!
You're going soft UP.
Glad you're getting back out.
Upt'North.

OP
OP
Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
I've never heard pasty used in food terms - only apparel.
My friend, if you've never had a Cornish Pasty, you have led a sheltered and deprived life!
The ribbed edge let the miners hold the pasty with their dirty hands and still enjoy the wonderful rest of it.
For regular folks, we can just eat it with the rest of the pasty.

I like them as well as a Melton Mowbray Pork Pie -

Top Bottom