been looking at a 1100st

the exhaust that is on the bike is the originl exhaust , its pretty crusty underneath and i definately think its going to need replacing sooner rather than later , a stainless delkevic full exhaust system would cost around £700 !! So unless the present owner reflects this in a final price i may have to pass on it ,he's wanting £2500 for it at the moment

The part that will rust out is the collector box between the exhaust pipes and the silencers. If you have permission you could tap it with a wrench to see how firm the metal is, or isn't.

That's a higher price than we would see for any year of ST1100 over here, but UK prices on everything are higher anyway, so maybe £500 less would be fair.

I'd buy it at the right price..... Oh! I've got one already! :)

If it works ok, it'll be good for many more years, and yes, the collector box will soon be dust, so factor that into your decision........

John, I think the price sounds OK for a dealer, you see daft money being asked now for low mileage bikes. I wouldn't know if anybody pays it.
An aftermarket Motad might cost around 350 squid but it might take a little while to track down.
Good luck.
Upt'North.

UK speedos are standard in miles and mph for cars and motorcycles.
See, you learn something new every day! I was under the impression that the UK was metric and all bikes/ cars out of the US would show km as the measurement. As for the price, if the exhaust is shot and the mirror broken, see if he would repair those before you hand over £2500.

2 KEYS, SERVICE HISTORY, NEW BELTS IN 2020, NEW HEADER PIPES, NEW REAR SHOCK, DELKEVIC SILENCERS, NEARLY NEW TYRES, TOP BOX, GIVI TOURING SCREEN, COMES WITH A FRESH OIL AND FILTER 12mth MOT AND 12 MONTHS WARRANTY

2 KEYS, SERVICE HISTORY, NEW BELTS IN 2020, NEW HEADER PIPES, NEW REAR SHOCK, DELKEVIC SILENCERS, NEARLY NEW TYRES, TOP BOX, GIVI TOURING SCREEN, COMES WITH A FRESH OIL AND FILTER 12mth MOT AND 12 MONTHS WARRANTY
My Oh My what a find if she runs as good as she looks. I see what looks like a fluid stain underneath which was a concern. But;) I spotted the Harley Davidson sign so no worry we know where the fluid came from. Again good find.

just an update , i've received the bike a day early , i would like to change the oil in the shaft drive , where would i get a replacement crush washer for the drain plug

Last edited:
just an update , i've received the bike a day early , i would like to change the oil in the shaft drive , where would i get a replacement crush washer for the drain plug
It's a standard Honda part so any dealer will probably have them in but if not Dave Silvers online will sort you. Because of the postage make sure you order everything you may need in one hit.
Don't over tighten the level plug.
Upt'North.

Last edited:
Top Bottom