been looking at a 1100st

You can get a crush washer at any auto parts store.

It's a standard Honda part so any dealer will probably have them in but if not Dave Silvers online will sort you. Because of the postage make sure you order everything you may need in one hit.
Don't over tighten the level plug.
Upt'North.
is the engine oil sump plug washer the same size as the shaft drain plug washer , also what is the best oil to use , seems to be many choices available

whether its a car or a motorcycle I always take a monster mirror and light and start by looking at it from the bottom up, usually winds up in more questions than answers, but every now and then you do find something good, Ive been reading on this site almost a year and a half now, theres much to know ( I know nothing) make sure youre in love with it is my opinion and the color is killer, youll never get tired of that

is the engine oil sump plug washer the same size as the shaft drain plug washer , also what is the best oil to use , seems to be many choices available
I think they're a different size, the diff being bigger at 14. But I might be wrong.
Go to CMSNL and ST1100 on the interweb thingymabob and check for the part number.
As for oil, mines been on Motul 5000 for the last 50,000 miles without any issues. It's readily available.
Upt'North.

I would probably ask the question as to how the mirror got cracked - that's usually from a tipover or a crash.
But it could be from something else.
It looks to be in good shape.
If it will idle without the 'choke (technically a fuel enricher)' after it warms up, the carbs should be good - which is an issue on these bikes if they set around and are not run).
It should be fine with that low of mileage on it.
The PO of my 1991 put on a round frog eye mirror on the left stock mirror on the bottom rightmost side of the reflective surface. It was too large and gave me a really trippy view of the wayback on the left side. Heat wouldn't release the adhesive he used and a single edge razor blade broke the mirror up pretty well.

just an update , i've received the bike a day early , i would like to change the oil in the shaft drive , where would i get a replacement crush washer for the drain plug
I drained mine and took the plug to my local auto parts store. Brought home several spares for not much $$.
The filler cover uses a rubber o-ring seal. Don't over tighten it, several folk have twisted the hex center off. Change out the seal with fluid changes. Both the cover and o-ring are the same size as the valve covers on the little Honda single cylinder bikes....just another avenue for a search.

The filler cover uses a rubber o-ring seal. Don't over tighten it, several folk have twisted the hex center off. Change out the seal with fluid changes. Both the cover and o-ring are the same size as the valve covers on the little Honda single cylinder bikes....just another avenue for a search.
Those caps were also used on the SOHC CB750. My friend who recently bought an '02 GL1800 asked me to help him open that cap on his. I got it by gripping the outer edge of the cap, not the hex head, with a large pair of Channellocks.

'Ere we go - I have used Motul semi synthetic 10/40 in every bike I have had and never had a problem. I ride quite hard 12 months of the year and change the oil and filter every 5000 miles. Overkill perhaps, but better safe than sorry.

Those caps were also used on the SOHC CB750. My friend who recently bought an '02 GL1800 asked me to help him open that cap on his. I got it by gripping the outer edge of the cap, not the hex head, with a large pair of Channellocks.
Tood suggestion! I only suggested the covers from smaller Hondas because of the ridiculous asking prices for those identified as the early 750's, given the 'restoration fever' of that bike. Many folk don't realize the two will fit the 1100 final drive. These little bikes are still hiding behind garages all over the planet.

Top Bottom