Best heated grips for ST1300?

epconde

Easy Ed
Bike
2004 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
I am upgarding to a newer ST and wonder what the best heated grips are now that the stock have been discontinued. I do not mind paying more for a really good product. Thanks so much for your suggestions.

Highrider

Part time mechanic
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
I have had the Symtec heaters with BMW grips on my 1300 for 10 years, they work great and are not that costly.

Bike
2010 ST1300
I use Oxford heated grips which, so far, seem to work well.
Like oil, like tires, like batteries, there is no 'best' set of heated grips.

I use the Oxford. Know that they make several styles and you need to get the right diameter for your throttle tube (iirc, they come in two diameters). The different styles are different lengths, and if you end up with the one I used you will need some form of spacer between the end of the grip and the bar end weight (or a throttlemeister) or a spacer at the inboard end. Your choice. Measure your grips and check out Oxford's grip lengths. I had to order mine from Whitehorsegear - they were out of stock.

I liked the Oxford control and attached it to a new quartet harness to power it up. I used their mounting bracket on one of the clutch's clamp bolts.

Bike
04 ST
STOC #
I had trouble confirming the fitment of the oxfords. Also, I wanted something in a larger diameter than the grips that were on my '04 when purchased. I found 'KOSO' grips with a 5 setting digital controller at the local Honda dealer. Nice fat grips, affordable and I have ridden with them for one full season. A grip puppy on the throttle (as a comparison) still allowed for sufficient heat to be transferred to right hand. I have a circulation condition in my hands and would recommend these. About $80 Canadian. Consider having the dealer install if you are not a DYI'er.

Bike
07 ST1300
I have used symtec grip heaters on 2 bikes and like them fine. I like the round rocker switch. They were 20 something bucks back in the day not long ago.
I have a hondaline set on my 07 ST that I had to repair when I got the bike and now it works fine as well.

Bike
2006 ST
Oxford heated grips - touring edition - in nearly 30 years of motorcycling I've yet to experience better.
Yes, inexpensive too, about $60 shipped. I have them on three machines now. Hot, is hot!
The controller needs to be bagged in rain.

OP
OP
epconde

epconde

Easy Ed
Bike
2004 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
I have used symtec grip heaters on 2 bikes and like them fine. I like the round rocker switch. They were 20 something bucks back in the day not long ago.
I have a hondaline set on my 07 ST that I had to repair when I got the bike and now it works fine as well.
Thanks Jim

mlheck

Site Supporter
Bike
'18 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
I have had the Symtec heaters with BMW grips on my 1300 for 10 years, they work great and are not that costly.
+1 on the Symtec heaters. First had them on my ST1100 and then on my 1300. Never had an issue with them.

Bike
ST1300
The controller is not waterproof?
The controller is completely waterproof, used them on all types of bikes all year round and they've never leaked or failed. They're worth putting your hand a little deeper in your pocket for, UK made as well so the quality is a given.
Get the latest intelligent controller, they're sealed for life, and if you wire them directly to the battery the controller will automatically turn the grips off if you forget to.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I'm no help since I haven't done it yet but this is the way I'm going to go. The main draw is keeping the BMW grips which I really like. They're very comfortable and wide enough for my hands with heavy gloves. If either the grids or grips go bad they can be replaced cheaply. This and the initial low cost are added perks.

Top Bottom