Billy Cooper (Coop) Has Passed Away

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
Last night, I got a phone call from Anita Cooper, Coop's wonderful wife, to let me know the sad news that Billy had recently passed away. Coop was no stranger to these parts although he hasn't been too active in recent years.

After BSing with Coop on-line for many years, I finally met him and Anita at one of the ST events down in Taos back in '08. You always wonder how someone's real life persona matches up with their on-line counterpart and in Coop's case it was a pretty close match. Coop was a big guy with an even bigger heart and had one of those laughs that would fill a room. Five minutes after meeting him it was like he was a life-long friend. Any day with Coop in it was a good day.

You can find his obituary at: Billy Cooper - Lake Ridge Chapel & Memorial Designers

John

st1300doug

Sympathy and prayers to his entire Family. Sigh............ :-/

TPadden

Tom Padden
Memorial tomorrow in Lubbuck. "The family of Billy Cooper will celebrate his life of 75 years at 2:00 PM on Tuesday, October 11, 2022, at Lake Ridge Chapel and Memorial Designers."

One more day notice and I could make it, really hate to miss this one, Ill miss him. Semper Fi Coop.

Tom

Last edited:

TPadden

Tom Padden
The obit kind of slides by his USMC service with "one year service in Viet Nam": Coop was at Foxtrot Ridge 1968.

88 Marines of Foxtrot Company, 2nd Battalion, 3rd Marine Regiment were engaged by an NVA battalion of over 500 men near Khe Sanh. The resulting fight, has come to be known as the Battle of Foxtrot Ridge. The fighting, much of it in pre-dawn darkness was fierce and confusing. When it was over, the Marines had suffered 13 men killed and 44 wounded, killing 230 of the enemy during the nine-hour battle.

Tom

OP
OP
John Anthony

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
oh wow... very sorry to hear this... He was one of those guys you just started liking as soon as you met him.
Couldn't agree more, Joe. I'll always remember chatting with Coop and Putt while in Taos. I never laughed so hard in my life.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I never met the man but wished I had. Coop was very active for a long time here.

Condolences to the family.

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Rest in Peace my friend. Will never forget our joking about my living in WF. Also will always remember the first time I met you at the first Golden, Colorado WESTOC in 2006. Could not quite figure you out. SEMPER-FI from and old retired Army guy.

Pictures are of Coop at my place in Wichita Falls, Tx during my "Boring STOC" event.

IMGP1399.jpgIMGP1403.JPGIMGP1406.JPG

Bike
2020 Tracer 900GT
STOC #
Coop had a great dry sense of humour. Met him at the early days of Moonshine.
Condolences to Anita and his family

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
Last night, I got a phone call from Anita Cooper, Coop's wonderful wife, to let me know the sad news that Billy had recently passed away. Coop was no stranger to these parts although he hasn't been too active in recent years.

After BSing with Coop on-line for many years, I finally met him and Anita at one of the ST events down in Taos back in '08. You always wonder how someone's real life persona matches up with their on-line counterpart and in Coop's case it was a pretty close match. Coop was a big guy with an even bigger heart and had one of those laughs that would fill a room. Five minutes after meeting him it was like he was a life-long friend. Any day with Coop in it was a good day.

You can find his obituary at: Billy Cooper - Lake Ridge Chapel & Memorial Designers

John
Coop was a good man first met him at Moonshine and he graciously provided me with what May have been the last pair of multivex mirrors I have communicated with him on and off over the years RIP COOP

Tankereng

Site Supporter
Bike
2018 Goldwing
STOC #
He will be missed…. I met Coop at one of my first ST-Owners RTE’s somewhere in Texas… some kind of BBQ joint (I think it was the same one I met Shuey at)… he bought my lunch… he told the girl at the counter ”Ive got the Air Force kid” or something to that effect. (I was only 34 back then )

I‘m in Brazil today or I’d be on my way to Lubbock…R.I.P. Billy Cooper and thank you for your service…

Top Bottom