Billy Cooper (Coop) Has Passed Away

Paul

Happy Saturday!
Site Supporter
Bike
08 ST13 05 VStrom 1K
STOC #
Aw shucks, Rest in Peace my Texas friend. Dang, you will be missed by many.

Memorial tomorrow in Lubbuck. "The family of Billy Cooper will celebrate his life of 75 years at 2:00 PM on Tuesday, October 11, 2022, at Lake Ridge Chapel and Memorial Designers."

One more day notice and I could make it, really hate to miss this one, Ill miss him. Semper Fi Coop.

Tom

This picture captures Coop perfectly. He was about to pull a prank on you or already had.

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
I rode with him a few times in TX, rode to places and met up with him, and had to put up with him as a Moderator too, all good memories.

I'll never forget the time GeorgeGeorge came to Dallas for a tech meeting at Mellow's place. Myself, Coop, and George George were staying at the same hotel. We met up at the parking lot in the morning, and there was a guy with a HD that kept twisting his throttle.. over and over. There goes Coop walking over to the guy, pulls out a pair of ear plugs and offers them to the guy. :rofl1:

RIP Coop... you and your humor will be sorely missed.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Coop is another long time member with whom I have never met nor had an interaction with here but as have others I've always enjoyed reading his posts. He seemed like a great guy and quite a character and the posted sentiments here bear that out.

RIP Coop.

Last edited:

rulbe

Site Supporter
Bike
Africa Twin AS
STOC #
RIP Coop! Moonshine brought an opportunity to meet many members from this group and standing in line with Coop to get a hamburger at the store brought about a great conversation! You will be missed!

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
Oh wow. I can't describe how sad I am to learn of Coop's passing. His wry sense of humour was indeed infectious and came through cyberspace, clear as a bell.
His posts always got a belly laugh out of me and I'd often respond in kind, which prompted him to PM me and keep the conversation going. We got to be pretty good friends that way!
I'm so sorry I never got to meet him and Anita.

Rest well, my friend. You will be missed more than you'll ever know.

Patty

Hondafarian

Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300 ABS
Sounds like a sad loss of an incredible guy. Would love to hear the story behind the bike wrapped with caution tape. :rofl1:

Top Bottom