Billy Cooper (Coop) Has Passed Away

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Just found this thread . . . farewell Coop.
The Island Paradise of Lubbock will never be the same . . . one of his running jokes that never got old.
Best apple pie on 'the island' was at his house. I was never sure whether it was made by Anita or him, but you know what his answer was when asked.
My sincerest condolences to Anita, Coop's better half.

Shuey

skidlid1300

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
Schwinn
Rest in peace Coop. I remember him at Moonshine. He was a great one to shoot the breeze with and enjoy his humor. Like Terry Hammond, he cracks me up online at this site. He will be missed.

Last night, I got a phone call from Anita Cooper, Coop's wonderful wife, to let me know the sad news that Billy had recently passed away. Coop was no stranger to these parts although he hasn't been too active in recent years.

After BSing with Coop on-line for many years, I finally met him and Anita at one of the ST events down in Taos back in '08. You always wonder how someone's real life persona matches up with their on-line counterpart and in Coop's case it was a pretty close match. Coop was a big guy with an even bigger heart and had one of those laughs that would fill a room. Five minutes after meeting him it was like he was a life-long friend. Any day with Coop in it was a good day.

You can find his obituary at: Billy Cooper - Lake Ridge Chapel & Memorial Designers

John
Thanks to all for your expressions of sympathy following Billy's passing. I enjoyed reading of your experiences with him. Brought back a lot of happy memories. He enjoyed riding, eating with friends, and meeting many of you. He often told me of many things that were said on the forum, and I always had a good laugh. Thank you again and please ride safely.
Anita Cooper

And Shuey, Billy did make the apple pie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom