Boots boots? what do you wear??

Bike
2011 Can-Am RTS
STOC #
Steve,

I ended up with the Honda branded boot, but not because that is what I went looking for. There is a leather goods store on Rte 130 South in Pensauken just before the Betsy Ross bridge. The have a pretty good selection of boots from a variety of brands that you can try on, and they are way less than what you would pay at the local STealer(s).

Even if you do not get them there, you can at least shop online with a better feel for what you are looking for.

Sidi On-Roads. Pricey? You bet, but I'm worth it! Incredibly waterproof, comfortable, well-made, long-lasting. I just had mine re-soled for $60 after many years and miles. I learned that the Vibram soles that are stitched on the boots are neither Vibram nor stitched. Still my faves!

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
Steve,

I ended up with the Honda branded boot, but not because that is what I went looking for. There is a leather goods store on Rte 130 South in Pensauken just before the Betsy Ross bridge. The have a pretty good selection of boots from a variety of brands that you can try on, and they are way less than what you would pay at the local STealer(s).

Even if you do not get them there, you can at least shop online with a better feel for what you are looking for.
What's the name of the place I'm not too far from there.
Thanks

Bike
2006 St1300
Hate to complain like an old geezer, but I have a pair of Oxtar Matrix boots that I love except for the arch support. Maybe it's the 23 years wearing my combat boots (steel/fiberglass shank and toe) all day, but the Oxtars miss in that department. For riding they're great, wearing all day is not comfortable. The real kicker is I need a size 14 US.

Bike
-05 Goldwing
I wear aerostich combat touring boots that are about 10 years old now. I had them resoled last summer at the local shoe repair and will continue to wear them into the future.

Also have some insulated gore-tex tactical boots left over from a past life that work real well on the bike.

Oxtar Matrix 2 Waterproof, comfy, warm when using wool socks. They are starting to show some wear and tear but they are working 100%. May be those with narrow fit will want to insert a sole. Looks ok with a pair of jeans, but when a Harley rider sees you in them he knows ,,, :)

I just got a pair of STC Commander boots, 14 inch high with zip/lace design. As a part time fire fighter I got the opportunity to buy a set. Very comfy right from the start. Pricey but they are NFPA rated. I just had to told my loved one that they were part of my bunker gear :eek:: .
http://www.stcfootwear.com/cgi-cs/cs.waframe.center?topic=9057&lang=1&img_num=458&menu=20337&submenu=20361,

I think I'll be set for a while.

Attachments

Last edited:

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Alpinestar, GoreTex lined, leather/synthetic with zipper/velcro closure, model unkown to me. They're tall, but not quite as tall as the Oxtar Infinty boots I see above.

I've had these in use for about 9 or 10 yrs of service, and I like them, but they're approaching their end and I need to replace them. They've been generally durable, and the zipper / leather has held up well. A few seams are unraveling and some synthetic coatings are starting to sluff off the upper rim.

I have very wide feet, often requiring upsizing length to gain sufficient width. :eek:: Anyone have a recommendation of boot model for my extra-wide foot? Thanks.

Let's see....I have calf high black Rockys I wear for work so they ride back and forth; just took delivery of cut rate Fieldsheer boots, very nice and lightweight, and as I found out last night, waterproof; and a pair of Kirkland over the ankle laceups for knocking around the house and yard.

Last edited:
Bike
06 ST 1300
STOC #
I wear a Bates combat or service/uniform type boots that are comfortable and give some support but offer little protection.
I've read through a lot of the forums and I don't see anyone with my problem when it comes to boots.
I need an extra wide (3E or 4E) I looked around and the only thing I've found that's even close are the cruiser works. They offer a 2E.
Does anyone make an EXTRA Wide riding boot???

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
I've read through a lot of the forums and I don't see anyone with my problem when it comes to boots.
I need an extra wide (3E or 4E) I looked around and the only thing I've found that's even close are the cruiser works. They offer a 2E.
2dogs, yes, others also have the challenge of extra wide feet. My post, just 3 above yours in this thread asks the same question you did. But I haven't found anyone's recommendation on that in this forum...maybe I've just not been searching with the right words.

I read on a different forum that the Oxtar Matrix boots fit someone with EEEE foot width right out of the box. YMMV. Apparently that boot is no longer made (buy em if you can find em). ;)

planetoldchild

eric STarck
Bike
06' ST1300
STOC #
I have a pair of Vendrimini boots I bought in 1990 and they are still in good shape. They are my favorite footware of all time. They are still 100% waterproof, they are as comfy as a pair of Hush Puppies and I will hunt down another pair as soon as they fail me. 4000-6000 miles a year for 17 years sorta speaks well for them......

Bike
2011 BMW R1200GS
STOC #
...I I've read through a lot of the forums and I don't see anyone with my problem when it comes to boots.
I feel your pain on that one. My foot is a 4E also. The only riding boots I have ever owned and am still wearing are the original Oxtar Matrix. I have had them for several years now. They have been great boots. Totally waterproof as I have ridden through a monsoon in Louisiana where everything got wet but my feet. Even my tank bag and T-Bag got wet and they had rain covers on them.

Anyway, the Oxtars would be perfect if they were just a little wider. They are not uncomfortable but they are just a little too snug. I too would echo the sentiment that if anyone whose feet are of the same width that has a good pair of waterproof riding boots then please let the rest of us paddlefoots in on it. Thanks.

Bike
Honda ST1300
Timberlands hiking boots from Academy Sports. Waterproof sturdy, good for walking and cheap. $50 for the shoes and $70 for the over ankle boots. I'm cheap, so I don't like spending money I don't have to spend. Never been uncomfortable and have great traction on surfaces with gravel etc.

LZ Warming up tomorrow. Feel the fever coming on.

Bike
sold dec 31 14
STOC #
Alpinestar Goretex Don't know the model but instantly comfortable and a nice stiff sole. I had another similar looking pair of boots but the soles were very flexy and I would get foot cramps after a few hours.
I'd buy these boots again they are zip up with a shin guard, ankle guard, and outside flap with velcro closures similar to some posts up the page.

Bike
06 ST 1300
STOC #
2dogs, yes, others also have the challenge of extra wide feet. My post, just 3 above yours in this thread asks the same question you did. But I haven't found anyone's recommendation on that in this forum...maybe I've just not been searching with the right words.

I read on a different forum that the Oxtar Matrix boots fit someone with EEEE foot width right out of the box. YMMV. Apparently that boot is no longer made (buy em if you can find em). ;)
Yes, jbaker I've found under other posts that the Oxtar Matrix are wider than the norm (aprox. EE?) and some with wide feet have found these to be wide enough but I am hoping to find something wider ...somewhere.......:rolleyes I'm going to call Cruiserworks on Monday and see if they have anything.
If anyone else can suggest any other options I'd love to hear 'em.

Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
Currently, I wear Tony Lama bullhide boots in cool weather, but I'm thinking of getting a pair of Cruiserworks based upon the experience of a friend who has them.

I'm sure I'll get some flak on this, but in hot weather, I wear sandals. Not rubber flip-flops, mind you, but good, high-quality sandals - the kind that buckle on securely.

Bike
06 ST 1300
STOC #
I saw a guy with sandles on dump his sportster at low speed while turning into a 7-11 when I was down in FLa in Feb. .... all the skin torn off the toes and some scraped from the top of the foot and he was going maybe 3-5mph.
But hey they were good quality leather sandles strapped on securely.
No judgement. Just an observation.

ATGATT?

Top Bottom