Boots boots? what do you wear??

STOC #
I've always thought that if they slip on with no buckle or clamp, they are going to slip right back off again in an accident. I just bought the Fieldshear Ace boots on close-out for $50. They'll last a year, so I probably got my money's worth. My next pair will be the Aerostitch combat lites.

Bike
ST1300 (sold)
STOC #
Bike
2007 ST1300abs
STOC #
Oxtar boots had a brand name change due to some type of copyright issue.
The brand is now called TCX. Same boots, different brand name.

I now have the TCX Matrix II GT. Waterproof, comfortable on and off bike, good protection. Gortex lining. Just like the previous Oxtar Matrix II GT, just a different brand name now. Newenough has them.

Tankereng

Site Supporter
Bike
2018 Goldwing
STOC #
Tactical gear boots with zip up side from Big 5 Sports...$25 on sale....oil resistant soles and breath well

jasonJonas

Saver of Turtles
STOC #
i'm a fan of red wing 1229's. it's not a mc-specific boot, but a good compromise. i've ridden in weather from 5 to 120F with these boots and they're extremely comfortable for walking around town or hiking. when i'm on the road i don't pack tennis shoes. just the 1229's and a pair of tevas for the tootsies.

Arizona

Marty Galison
STOC #
I wear a motorcycle/cowboy boot that I bought in Chelsea Michigan. The guy said he could fit anyone and he did. But it took him an hour to get a boot that fits my 10EEE foot.

BlaSTr

Miami ST
STOC #
Tour Master Solutions. Waterproof, relatively inexpensive, and comfortable right out of the box.
+1 on these. About $120 and waterproof. In very hot weather (100F+) they can get a bit warm but they keep my feet dry, are easy to wear off the bike, and offer good protection. They fit a bit wide and large though. Good customer support, too.

bobsmtb

Celebrating flatulence daily
Bike
'06 ST1300A
I recently bought a pair of the Swat Tactical Boots from the Army Navy Surplus for around $75...lace front, zipper side. Very comfortable and somewhat water-proof.

Bike
BMW RT, DRZ400
STOC #
Having fallen innumerable times at decent speeds dirt racing I prefer something with some ankle twist protection (tried lineman boots racing once, fell, couldn't walk right for two months from twisted ankle ligaments, got real motox boots in plastic right after). I wear an Oxtar race boot for local dry weather riding where a whole lot of extra walking around isn't likely. I wear the Oxtar Matrix for trips, walk-arounds, and wet weather stuff.

Those Aerostitch Combats look at least interesting though.

suedez

Suede
Bike
2006 St-1300
STOC #
I really like my Cruiserworks side zip - very waterproof and comfortable. I looked around a lot on the net and these were the only bike-focused boots I found in the EEE wide I needed.

Bike
ST1300 03
I wear AltBerg. Great all year round and comfortable off the bike. I even wear them in the office somedays instead of changing into shoes.

Bike
2014 Yamaha FZ-09
STOC #
Probably preaching to the choir here but there's something else to remember when looking at boots. A few have mentioned ankle protection which is good to keep in mind but the type of sole is very important. In the event of a "get off", there's a chance of your feet getting caught under the bike. Many soles are thin enough to allow it to fold. If your foot were to get caught under the bike, it could be crushed/broken. While this may sound a bit unlikely, I had a friend do a very slow lowside. The weight of the bike suddenly dropping onto his foot broke the bone that makes the ball of your foot. (Where the toes connect up) While not an absolutely perfect test, try squeezing the sole of a boot sideways. If it flexes or crushes, you may want to keep looking. Just an FYI thing.

Oh......for winter time/rainy weather, I use a pair of boots from Cabela's. (The ones that Jeff King uses for the Iditarod) They're the first boot to ever keep my feet warm and dry. And they're rated to -20 degrees. :D

I used to have a pair of White Alpinstar SM-X Plus boots. Great boot.

Bike
ST 1300
BMW boots. They may not can make a motorcycle worth a flip, but man do they know how to make boots. LOL

foam12345

Foam4me
Bike
1996 ST1100
BMW boots. They may not can make a motorcycle worth a flip, but man do they know how to make boots. LOL
I second that. Have had mine for about 7 years and they are still going strong. Made in Italy, I think. Mine have Gore-Tex liners.

therider

Live 2 Ride, Ride 2 Live
Oxtar matrix since 2004. I now have a newer matrix as well. I still use the older one, the left one has the rubber bottom worn off in some places, but still usable on dry days. Amazing boots.

Top Bottom