Brake Light Issue

OP
OP
StuartKeith
Bike
ST1100-L
When I swapped the engine I plugged everything in and tested. All the lights, horn and indicators worked.

It was then only when putting the rest of the bike back together I noticed I forgot to put the last engine mount on.

It was then a week later after rebuilding the brakes and replacing the front brake light switch I noticed no brake lights. And then no indicators.

It hadent twigged I could have pinched it as forgot I fitted the bracket after I tested it all.

So it was only when using the multi meter and confirming the green and white wire was the issue and I started to follow the loom I found it trapped.

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
An electrician may make a splice in the conductors for a circuit in any convenient box, even if it is not part of that circuit.
It just so happens that I did exactly that about a year ago. I relocated an electric water heater, and needed to extend the 30a circuit, but the original location was re-plumbed as a dog-washing station, so we didn't want a blank plate there.

There happened to be a switch for an outside light on the other side of the wall, so I removed the box, ran the new cable, and installed an extra-deep old-work box and spliced the two #10 water heater cables in the back of the new box.

Top Bottom