Brake light modulator alternative? Just installed LED strobe bulbs...

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Thank you. I didn't see it in the owner's manual either. Also I didn't see it in the service manual. I was surprised neither had this info.

Gary Sager
Ohhh... and you are right around the corner. Howdy neighbor :hat4:

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
I have these bulbs and installed them about a year ago. I have had great feedback from ride buddies and folks in cars. Great attention getter. Also inexpensive at Amazon. I am not sure of all the laws in all the states, but good up here in this Province. Also, if visiting elsewhere, and if illegal, I am sorry but I feel it is a large safety item so I will leave them burning brightly.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
cdnemsguy said:
if illegal, I am sorry but I feel it is a large safety item so I will leave them burning brightly.
Hey you're a big boy and owe no one an apology. You made a reasoned decision. You either don't get stopped and life is grand or you do and you pay The Man. Either way it's a small price to pay for a potential safety buffer. Informed choices are good.

Bike
ST1300A
I picked these up looking for a low cost and easy to install alternative to a brake light modulator:

Here’s a video of them in action:

I’m really happy with them for the price and they do exactly what I wanted. Only question mark for me is the California legality of them, if I get pulled over I’ll find out quickly.
Ohhh... and you are right around the corner. Howdy neighbor :hat4:
How many of these are needed? Two plus spare? Just replace the current bulb, correct??
Appreciate the input..

OP
OP
HondaInTheSun
Bike
2003 ST1300
How many of these are needed? Two plus spare? Just replace the current bulb, correct??
Appreciate the input..
The amazon link comes with 2 bulbs, so you just remove the 2 existing bulbs and replace them with these 2 new ones. 10 minute job at most and you're done, I'm super happy with the results. Happy to help if you have other questions.

Bike
2006 ST1300
Just bought and installed these. I likey! Stock ST tail light/brake light really is kind of dim. Best $8.47 I ever spent!

Thanks for the post!

Bike
2001 ST1100
Hey guys, I am new here and have been riding for the last 5 years. (I am a late starter.) I just bought a low milage '01 ST1100.
Any who, I found and bought this brake light flasher HERE and really like it. It is inexpensive and is programable. I liked it so much that I bought one for my sons bike and his ex-girlfriends bike. The bike I put it on has an LED brake light and set it to flash 5 times and then brake light stays lit (no flashing) every time the brakes are applied. I have had a lot of positive comments. I actually feel safer riding with it. I will tap my brakes several times (sometimes) just to be sure the driver behind me is aware I am slowing or stopping. I bought the "M1" model.
For full disclosure I am not affiliated in any way what so ever with this company other than i am a satisfied customer. I think it is a worthy addition to any bike.

Top Bottom