Bug Dr.'s son

W0QNX

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
06/ST1300 19/R1250RT
2024 Miles
I'm saddened to read this. My condolences to Mike and Karen with their loss of Grant. May he rest in peace.

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
Mike, I am so sorry to hear this news. My prayers go out to you and your family.

John

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
Many of you know Bug Dr. (Mike) from the many events over the years. You can't sit in his company and not laugh from his tales or antics. Mike had a son (Grant) that was handicapped and struggled his entire life. Grant required care around the clock that Mike and his wife provided. I can only imagine how this must have tested the mettle of Mike and his wife and Mike's other son. Yesterday, Mike and his family lost Grant. A young man of just 19 years. My thoughts and prayers are with them.
I'm so sorry to hear of this. Mike's family certainly has my thoughts and prayers for their loss. We also have one (severe heart defects) who needs a lot of assistance/care. Can't imagine the emotional toll associated with losing one you have invested so much time and care for.

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
Thank you for all of the kind remarks. Grant touched many lives and was an inspiration to all that knew him. Karen and I were blessed with many bonus days with Grant since he wasn't expected to live as long as he did. Our family treated every day as a special one because we were all too aware that the end would eventually arrive. Karen and I were very fortunate to have been by Grant's side when he passed.

The ST-Owners sent a great ambassador to Grant's visitation. Karen and I were thrilled to see Keith walking down the aisle of the chapel. He drove from Oklahoma City for a five-minute visit, not because he had to, but because wanted to. With everything going on in Keith's life right now, he of all people would certainly be given a pass for not making the trip. The people I've met from this forum are some of the best friends I've ever had.

Karen and I are trying to adjust to our newly found freedom. We have not been able to do anything together without Grant for more than 12 years. Fortunately, she still likes me so I think things will work out :biggrin::biggrin:. I hope to see you somewhere down the road soon.

Grant Fairbanks Obituary (2004 - 2024) - Russellville, Arkansas (humphreyfuneral.com)

Thanks again to everyone that sent prayers and positive thoughts this past week. We surely needed them.
Mike

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
So sorry to hear about this Mike. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
I now how you feel. I lost my daughter last year and it’s heart wrenching.
Memories will help you.

Hound

Cave Canem
Bike
2004 ST1300PA
STOC #
Hope you're coping ok and keeping close to your family at this sad time. :confused:

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
Thank you for your continued support. This month has been quite difficult for our family. I lost my father 17 days after Grant. We had his funeral on Monday of this week. We are all doing as well as can be expected but mentally and emotionally drained.
Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers.
Mike

treemuncher

Vegetation Terrorist
Bike
'07 ST1300A
STOC #
Mike and I texted shortly after Grant passed. I did not know until now about his dad. Della and I send our condolences to Mike and his family through this difficult time. Sometimes life is little more than a manure show until we can get through it and on to the next phase. Hang tough and call if you need someone to talk to. You have a lot of friends here on the board.

Top Bottom