Burn Notice?

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Oh, oh, OH!
Let's talk about blacklisted... I'm in ADVrider jail for a week for a response about tire prices, which was offensive to a snowflake, who reported me.

Tire guy: "I'm a discount buyer/hoarder. When I find a good price, I buy 5 or 6 tires at once. I just went through my last 150/70/17 and there's nothing out there under ~$130 now. Even the Shinko 705 or 805. Even the Kendas! Is this just the state of things now? Or is there asshattery afoot?"

Me: "I submit there is asshattery afoot.
This American war on petroleum has consequences... restrict the production, and petro-dependent product prices will inevitably increase.
Asshattery.
Definitely, asshattery.
Please consider this when you cast a ballot."

Tire guy reported it. Sheesh!

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
I had that happen to me the other day when I posted a link to content on another social media platform.

It eventually got approved.

I've also had notifications that my posts were deleted for reasons I cannot remember.

Either way it's there to protect us from our own stupidity sometimes, and that's a great thing.

All the moderators do a great job here.

scootac

Will Ride for Food
Oh, oh, OH!
Let's talk about blacklisted... I'm in ADVrider jail for a week for a response about tire prices, which was offensive to a snowflake, who reported me.

Tire guy: "I'm a discount buyer/hoarder. When I find a good price, I buy 5 or 6 tires at once. I just went through my last 150/70/17 and there's nothing out there under ~$130 now. Even the Shinko 705 or 805. Even the Kendas! Is this just the state of things now? Or is there asshattery afoot?"

Me: "I submit there is asshattery afoot.
This American war on petroleum has consequences... restrict the production, and petro-dependent product prices will inevitably increase.
Asshattery.
Definitely, asshattery.
Please consider this when you cast a ballot."

Tire guy reported it. Sheesh!
Anything remotely CSM gets the hammer over there now.
Bunch of overly sensitive +*"#$$* now.....makes me wonder how they walk down the street without throwing a hissy-fit.

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
there's nothing out there under ~$130 now. Even the Shinko 705 or 805. Even the Kendas!

American petroleum production is at its all time high.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Yet we still import most of it.
  • The top five sources of U.S. total petroleum (including crude oil) imports by percentage share of total petroleum imports in 2022 were:
  • Canada52%
  • Mexico10%
  • Saudi Arabia7%
  • Iraq4%
  • Colombia3%

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
  • The top five sources of U.S. total petroleum (including crude oil) imports by percentage share of total petroleum imports in 2022 were:
  • Canada52%
  • Mexico10%
  • Saudi Arabia7%
  • Iraq4%
  • Colombia3%
Buying it somewhere else. Making it somewhere else. Manufacturing stuff with it...somewhere else. Is just fine to those who can't comprehend that s*&^ doesn't remain at home.
There are actually mindsets that believe we should ban everything related to petroleum. I've hurt many feelings for pointing out that most every beneficial medication....and many recreational ones....are produced by some petrol by product at some stage in manufacture. Got banned several times for making that comment.
Harsh reality is that most of those who have decided they are wisdom-seeking intellectuals are simply charter members of the ever-hysterical torch 'n pitchfork crowd, forever attacking the wrong monster at the suggestion of the real monster.
Relative to human behavior....nothing has changed since our distant ancestors were kicked out of the trees, or simply fell out, take your pick.

OP
OP
ST1100Y

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
I'm in ADVrider jail for a week for a response about tire prices, which was offensive to a snowflake, who reported me.
Well, I do avoid NSFW content...
And AFAIK do I have the right to face my accuser... :well1:

(methinks "Warchild" wouldn't have made it 5 minutes in here... :rofl1:)

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
  • Canada52%
  • Mexico10%
  • Saudi Arabia7%
  • Iraq4%
  • Colombia3%
we import less than half. The percentages you show are the breakdown of the total imports, not total oil.

Capture.JPG

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
May I suggest also notifying the poster to make it easier to conform?
I've stated it multiple times and if you can't see the tone of the site a warning is useless..however, a warning is part of the delete action.

Top Bottom