Can anybody help identify this old bike

OP
OP
Bmacleod
Bike
2005 st1300
Yes, it does look similar. It is my friends fathers bike. She sent me the picture and said she thought it was a BMW, but wasnt sure and I am not much help here.
250?.. okay thanks.
Hopefully I can find out the vintage

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
BMW R27. The taillight separates it from the R26. Early 1960s, last BMW single of that style. 247cc and 18 hp.

Highway STar

Jock of all trades
Site Supporter
Bike
2012 Victory Vision
STOC #
My hat's off to whoever dragged it up those stairs...
But yes, you can definitely see the Beemer badge on the tank. It has a BMW shaped tank, too.

OP
OP
Bmacleod
Bike
2005 st1300
Okay, I just looked it up on Wikipedia and it says it weighed 376 lbs, had 18hp and went 81 mph. Thats impressive.
Look closely at the front of the tank (just under the end of the right grip) and I believe you can see the BMW blue and white roundel.
I see it now that you pointed it out.

Bike
2010 ST1300
What's more impressive is going to be getting it downstairs. And my hat's off to whoever rode it up.

Sixty years old or thereabouts? It will require a fair amount of work to get it running again.

OP
OP
Bmacleod
Bike
2005 st1300
Buy it immediately. Its a collector. Especially in that condition.
Apparently, he has 3 like it in the basement (although she admits she doesnt know for sure what they are), in different stages of restoration. Mind you, she called my neighbours Harley a dirt bike, so her knowledge of bikes is quite limited, yet funny. I still dont think my neighbour has recovered from that

OP
OP
Bmacleod
Bike
2005 st1300
What's more impressive is going to be getting it downstairs. And my hat's off to whoever rode it up.

Sixty years old or thereabouts? It will require a fair amount of work to get it running again.
Actually, he normally rides it often in the summer up in cottage country here in Ontario. It was away this past year as he has taken ill.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Actually, he normally rides it often in the summer up in cottage country here in Ontario. It was away this past year as he has taken ill.
Ok, so he stores it up there. Does/Did he really move it up and down those stairs every year or is there some second story access that allows him to wheel it in? I mean like a house built into a hill....

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Ok, so he stores it up there. Does/Did he really move it up and down those stairs every year or is there some second story access that allows him to wheel it in? I mean like a house built into a hill....
He has Tom Cruise ride it up the stairs every winter, and Matt Damon rides it down the stairs when it's spring.

OP
OP
Bmacleod
Bike
2005 st1300
Okay, so I checked with her and yes Peter, that is the case. The house is built on a hill and the bike is on the upper level, wheeled straight in from the driveway.

Top Bottom