Can anybody help identify this old bike

Highway STar

Jock of all trades
Site Supporter
Bike
2012 Victory Vision
STOC #
Okay, so I checked with her and yes Peter, that is the case. The house is built on a hill and the bike is on the upper level, wheeled straight in from the driveway.
I already knew that but I wager Tom Cruise would do his own stunt work to ride it up the stairs if it was in the script!

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I know little of BMWs but I did recognize the badge on the tank. :D

Last edited:
Wow. Now I'm curious about the other bikes. Sometimes you find incredable things in the basements. I once bought a 1959 TR3 out of a basement in Toronto. Originally the room was a garage under the house, but was walled in in the early 70's to become a rec room and the car was the centre of attraction. The woman said it was her husband's pride and joy when he bought it new and he wanted to keep it somewhere he could admire it. Unfortunately he passed away in 1993. His wife really didn't like having the car in the house ( it smells funny) So she told me if I could get it out of the house I cold have it. I had to remove part of the wall but managed to get it out! Out in the light you could really see how well preserved this car was, and after trailering it to my garage it was given a real going over. All the fluids had been removed and I was afraid all the seals would be dried out. Long story short, put fluids in added gas and drove it for 6 years.
That said, who knows what kind of bikes are in that basement.

Bike
ST1300A '05
STOC #
Beautiful. Knew it was a Beemer from the "key" in the headlight shell before seeing the rondel. That key would fit and start a lot of BMWs. Still have mine from my '72 R75/5 that had a catastrophic engine seizure at 60 mph on a mountain in Vermont. It's large version tank and shaft drive eventually brought me to the ST1300. I wish I could afford to go looking for older bikes.

STOC #
An old friend of mine had many bmw’s in his garage, including the r27 250 thumper. He let me ride it, and I loved it. Was a fun ride. I learned to ride on a triumph 250 thumper. Nice bikes for around town

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Seems moto-sickles are on the slow downhill, all the way 'round.
Witness the falling sales, the aging rider demographic, no more build-a-custom bike TV shows, classic moto-mags out of print, declining enrollments in training classes.
I'm beginning to feel like a throwback.
Not like me to be this doom and gloom.
We ain't dead yet, so there's the good news.
My oldest nephew turned 30 this weekend, and he's never expressed any interest in bikes.
His 2 younger sisters have married in the last few years, and neither of their young husbands has any desire to ride. They are all nice kids. (Hm. Is THAT the problem?]
That's oh-for-three.

Top Bottom