Shuey

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Ok, Ok . . . Ok! I'm acquiring Larry's 2007 ST1300A!

OldMcClelland wins! UP gets a runner up.

Now, before everyone gets excited:
"There's a maximum of 3 guesses, you have . . . two remaining!"
I didn't say the first guess wasn't correct! :scared2:

My plans are to fly out to Tucson towards the end of January visit with Larry, pick up the bike, then ride it back to Florida via WinterSTOC. It's almost painful waiting! :cool:

Shuey

PS: :shout1: Larry, you are just too subtle!

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Ok, Ok . . . Ok! I'm acquiring Larry's 2007 ST1300A!
WOOT! WOOT!
@Shuey rides the 2005 Iron Butt Rally on Larry's old ST! Another 1300 entry!
But I don't think Lisa will give you the Hopeless Class card on this one... you may earn an automatic penalty for the "Least Likely to Break Down" advantage.

A couple of matters. You can check, I believe, the FAA website for the restrictions on batteries in checked luggage, including any carry on luggage that must be checked at the gate. Not that I understand the technical limits that are expressed, basically, small appliances with lithium batteries are permitted to be checked. Also, it is a good policy to never check electronic gadgets as they too often disappear. Now, I am not certain I have been around this forum long enough to make bad jokes, but, Are you certain Larry's bike can make it all the way to Florida?

mello dude

Half genius, half dumazz whackjob foole
So you're going to use a fake plate license or a real one......hmm...:think1:

Last edited:

RocketMan

so many roads...
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
Some of my motorcycle gear has Lithium batteries, helmet with attached Sena for example. Garmin XT GPS?
Hi Shuey,

Now that your bike purchase is settled it's back to your original question.

We've never had any problems traveling with our gear either in N. America or internationally.

Get yourself a helmet bag something like this - https://www.amazon.com/Raider-BCS-8B-Durable-Deluxe-Motorcycle/dp/B0000AX5XB/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=helmet+bags&qid=1702393921&sr=8-2

I've always packed my Garmins, SENA, gloves, SPOT, GoPros, cameras, and extra batteries inside my helmet and it fits in the overhead.

Get a duffle or small bag and pack the armour from your riding gear in that (if it comes out) and wear your suit on the plane. Then you don't need to check luggage unless you've got a ratty old suitcase to throw away at the other end.

The only item I have ever been questioned about was my XENA disk lock since it was basically a big black block on the x-ray.

Welcome back to the ST world!

Bruce

OP
OP
Shuey

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Hi Shuey,
. . .
Welcome back to the ST world!
Bruce
Thanks Bruce, et. al.! Great guidance and I'm now clear on what I need to do.

Looking forward to returning to the Honda ST world so I can continue my initial adventure!
Bought my first Honda ST in . . . 2007, a Frost Silver beauty, and although it's life was destined to be short, the unexpected benefit was joining this wonderful community of like minded riders (well, mostly :nuts: ). 2008 and 2010 Honda STeeds followed each meeting their own fate then I switched to Yamaha and FJRs. And now . . . another Honda 2007, Frost Silver beauty will grace space in my garage. I can hardly wait. Best Christmas ever!

Shuey

PS: Watch for a new thread early next year to input suggestions naming my new STeed!

LD riding Quote copy.JPG

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
I have flown around the country and overseas a few times. I carried my helmet on board as a personal item and the had a small carry on for my papers/maps/ travel and rental documents and a travel laptop. I checked the rest of the moto gear and normal street clothes. Inside my helmet I had my Spot tracker, GPS, cell phone and associated chargers and cables. No issues with security or the X-ray machines. I used my old Army duffle bag for the check Items so as to be able to fold it or strap it to the bike.

Last edited:

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Thanks Bruce, et. al.! Great guidance and I'm now clear on what I need to do.

Looking forward to returning to the Honda ST world so I can continue my initial adventure!
Bought my first Honda ST in . . . 2007, a Frost Silver beauty, and although it's life was destined to be short, the unexpected benefit was joining this wonderful community of like minded riders (well, mostly :nuts: ). 2008 and 2010 Honda STeeds followed each meeting their own fate then I switched to Yamaha and FJRs. And now . . . another Honda 2007, Frost Silver beauty will grace space in my garage. I can hardly wait. Best Christmas ever!

Shuey

PS: Watch for a new thread early next year to input suggestions naming my new STeed!

LD riding Quote copy.JPG
So this begs the question, "What happened to your FJR?"

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
No begging required.

RZOLUTE is . . . in the garage ready to ride! Maybe a day ride this Friday.

I'm allowed to have two bikes, right? :burnout:

Shuey
OK as long as the FJR is still in your life. How many bikes does a man need?.......................One more than he already has.

Top Bottom