Carb removal

Smudgemo

Intermodal Man of Mystery
Bike
'08 GS / '78 CB550
Lately I have been getting my parts from this outfit: http://www.adeptpowersports.com/oem-parts/1996-honda-abs-ii-st1100a.html
Just change it to your year in case any of it is different. I think everyone just orders the special parts from Honda or inventory would be nuts.

When I do bulk hose, I just go to the local dealer for the length/type needed. The cooling system has one line that goes from under the carbs to the thermostat housing that you normally can't buy to length mail-order, and one of the fuel elbows I replaced recently was no longer available (or at least not at that time) so I bought a piece of bulk line. Honda automotive blue coolant is available at the local dealers and is cheaper than the green moto stuff.

Just a note that you'll need to loosen bolt #14 when you replace the #9 o-rings in that large "water cover" and the bulk line is #13: http://www.adeptpowersports.com/oem-parts/1996-honda-abs-ii-st1100a-water-pipe-96-98-assembly.html It's mentioned in the tech section at least a few times.

Bike
2002 st1100
there are numerous OEM parts suppliers online that you can order the parts from, any reason you are going through a shop?

Its not clear what line you're referring to when you say "one rubber fuel line leaking", if you can point it out in a photo others here can help with suggestions regarding what type of line to use to repair it and if its generic or Honda specific.

One of the reasons people here will pull the carbs is to replace the coolant lines that sit below the carbs. Over time they swell and eventually burst, so replacing them after about 15 years is a good idea. At the same time you'll need to replace the carb boots, and a few other miscellaneous pieces, so if this is something you're interested in doing just ask here for help.
Do you have any suggestions of the better online suppliers?

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
Its been a few years since I needed to order any, so no direct endorsements from me, my usual place is no longer in the business. But the common players are places like Partzilla, Honda-direct, RonAyers, etc. I think if you google Honda motorcycle parts you'll find a few of them. The thing I found is they vary a bit on prices, so compare a few of them before buying, it could save you a bit of money.

Top Bottom