Change Timing Belt?

Bike
ST1100 02 Blue
Everybody seems to use the Gates 325 belt which appears to be the same one Honda used originally anyway, and is easily available online.
I read somewhere online that the belt is the same as an Opel 16D. Stupidly I did not pay enough attention to get further details [this was before I bought my st1100]. Anybody know more about this ? ,following the theory of a new belt from Honda would be old already.

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
I read somewhere online that the belt is the same as an Opel 16D. Stupidly I did not pay enough attention to get further details [this was before I bought my st1100]. Anybody know more about this ? ,following the theory of a new belt from Honda would be old already.
there's nothing really to know, get a Gates 325 and be done with it, that's what everybody else has done. I don't know if anybody ever used the Honda belt, the only reports I recall used the Gates belt.

Just replacing my belt at 67,000 MLS. Also rebuilding the water pump and replacing the hoses and "o" rings. Also a full service. Then the bike will outlast me with no worries. Preventative maintenance works

Top Bottom