Clear lenses for the front turninglights ST1100

Hello Every-one

Clear lenses have arrived , cost are without shipping € 35,00

Send me a pm if you want them
Cheers
Ad
Hi Ad,
interested in getting a set, but cannot see how to pm you. Can you direct me please.

Best regards
gcos

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Thanks for that pointer - I thought that link was just like a page to start another thread rather than a pm.
For future reference, if you allow your cursor to hover over any forum member's name another window will pop up. Along the bottom border of that window you will see a Start conversation button. Clicking on that button will open another window where you can start a pm (conversation) with that member.

For future reference, if you allow your cursor to hover over any forum member's name another window will pop up. Along the bottom border of that window you will see a Start conversation button. Clicking on that button will open another window where you can start a pm (conversation) with that member.
Hi Andrew,
Thanks very much for that clear explanation - noted for future!

Bike
2000 ST1100
...just thought I'd add to this. Lens are on route, but switchback LEDs were easy -

Easy peasy.

I ended up - Only doing front signals so far (1157 in US)

1) Replacing the Flasher Relay (right side above brake pedal)

Amazon Electronic LED Flasher Relay

2) Replace 1157 bulbs with 1157 LEDs

Amazon 1157 LEDs

Last edited:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Lens are on route
Pics of your beauty when finished! The clear lenses make the 1100 look like it just rolled off the showroom floor.

I'm surprised that ad went for a second bunch of lenses and I hope they all sell.

Bike
2000 ST1100
Pics of your beauty when finished! The clear lenses make the 1100 look like it just rolled off the showroom floor.

I'm surprised that ad went for a second bunch of lenses and I hope they all sell.
...will do. I guess Ad had a bunch of inquiries after the last batch!
If nothing else, owners should replace the turn bulbs with LEDs. So much brighter, which enhances your visibility for around $20 usd

Bike
2000 ST1100
Now I'm looking for the best way to change lenses. I guess it's either oven or hot water

Erdoc48

Site Supporter
Bike
94/00/04 STs, FSC600
Now I'm looking for the best way to change lenses. I guess it's either oven or hot water
I used a hair dryer set on high heat, take your time, let the old glue soften and slowly separate the lens from the black backing. Don’t rush or you’ll break the old lens (not that important, but finesse is important- if you’re struggling too much, the glue isn’t soft enough for separation). Then I used silicone in clear for gluing the new lens in (thin bead in the black housing ridge where the lens will attach), clamped the whole thing together (let it sit for a day), and used some 1/4” insulation foam around the lens perimeter (like the foam used to keep drafts out- sold at Lowe’s) when it was time to reinstall the assembly in the mirror housing.

Hello Every-one

Cheers
Ad
Hello Every-one

Cheers
Ad
Recently new to me owner of ST1100A and forum member and need to wait to be verified before I can order?

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Recently new to me owner of ST1100A and forum member and need to wait to be verified before I can order?
Now that you have made your first post you are good to go. Follow the below instructions to order.
Click on the link in post # 483 above.
or

Thank you. I did click post #483 without succes and using cellular device without cursor to hover with. I will try to click the link again after this response. Thanks again.

Bike
1994 ST1100
Long time reader, first time commenter. I'm in the same boat as ChippewaCommuter was. I need to get a first post out in order connect to the link.

Top Bottom