970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
I would be more scared of letting those fools touch my bike! There are enough folks on this forum who would be glad to assist you and talk you through it step by step. It is not hard and can be done with e few basic hand tools and patience. Once you do it that fear will be gone and you will enjoy the fact that you did it yourself.
That is for sure!! Get the bike back and get into yourself! It is not that hard.

I would be more scared of letting those fools touch my bike! There are enough folks on this forum who would be glad to assist you and talk you through it step by step. It is not hard and can be done with e few basic hand tools and patience. Once you do it that fear will be gone and you will enjoy the fact that you did it yourself.
I'm thinking I will be att your house getting mine fixed soon enough. Got a call today asking if it was dripping or puddles. I asked why they were asking and was told by the gal that she was trying to get more info for the shop to diagnose the issue. I said I was told the water pump was bad already and asked if that had changed. I then suggested she have the shop tighten the hose clamps?
D

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
I'm thinking I will be att your house getting mine fixed soon enough. Got a call today asking if it was dripping or puddles. I asked why they were asking and was told by the gal that she was trying to get more info for the shop to diagnose the issue. I said I was told the water pump was bad already and asked if that had changed. I then suggested she have the shop tighten the hose clamps?
D
....sounds like they just told you what they thought you wanted to hear, and now they are trying to figure out what an ST1300 is :rofl1:
What do you want to bet that I get a call from them, asking me how to fix it....wouldn't be the first time ;)

Last edited:
I am being told that some leaking is normal. My H2O pump was replaced although the parts were sent to honda so I am not able to see them

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
:bsflag:
Do you find it odd that they have no parts to show you after they claim that something was replaced?
They quickly boxed it up and secretly shipped it to honda before they contacted you!
Perhaps you should look to see if they did anything at all....:

Last edited:
Well, I started her up for a ride, and this is what I found while she was still warming up. Not even reached three bars. So I ran her back to the dealer, and of course there's no visibility of a leak when she's standing there. But they said that when warm perhaps which seal or clamp is leaking tightens up, so it's only visible while warming up. But we'll see.
Yours is obvious as it's hitting the ground, but yea, when the bike is warm, there's a couple of reason. I ran into one yesterday.
I'm riding the CBR and I smell "burning" coolant ... I keep checking the ground - no dripping. I get home, the reservoir tank is dry.
Obviously the water\coolant is dripping on the engine and dissipates.
Similarly, I had an issue where the petcock had a tiny leak and the fuel would dissipate before it could drip, but the garage was afoul with gasoline odor !

I'm sure they'll find it now ...

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
....let me understand this....you have signs of a coolant leak...they tell you the water pump is bad.....they say they replaced it but have no proof or
Parts to show you....the bike is still leaking but now they say its normal? But I bet they still get paid for submitting the warranty claim...and you still have a coolant leak :bsflag:
I think I would be contacting mother honda with some questions.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Did not mean to ignore the op and his issues my comments were directed to flatbroke's response and comments...

OP
OP
Snave
Bike
ST1300A
STOC #
Did not mean to ignore the op and his issues my comments were directed to flatbroke's response and comments...
Understood !!!
Another call from them today: Can't find it even after an extended road test. So collecting it on Saturday and it's bye bye to this particular dealer.

....let me understand this....you have signs of a coolant leak...they tell you the water pump is bad.....they say they replaced it but have no proof or
Parts to show you....the bike is still leaking but now they say its normal? But I bet they still get paid for submitting the warranty claim...and you still have a coolant leak :bsflag:
I think I would be contacting mother honda with some questions.
I will know tonight. A former coworkers and long time family friend ended up working on my bike. My dad picked the bike up a few minutes ago and was told all parts are in my top box if I wanted them.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
I would sure be interested in seeing all of those parts since they already told you they were shipped to mother honda already....I will :rofl1: if they provided you parts off a different model bike to make you happy.
Any chance I could peek at them and the service Order?
I sure hope this turns out with a happy ending for you...maybe having your friend involved helped. You deserve to have a nice new bike after paying all your hard earned cash for it.
Keeping our fingers crossed for both of you guys.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
I will know tonight. A former coworkers and long time family friend ended up working on my bike. My dad picked the bike up a few minutes ago and was told all parts are in my top box if I wanted them.
I got Dibbs on the undamaged water pump :rofl1:

Last edited:

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
Another call from them today: Can't find it even after an extended road test. So collecting it on Saturday and it's bye bye to this particular dealer.
*SIGH* Road test isn't the issue. If I were closer and my passport wasn't expired, I'd ride up there and fix it. Probably throw in the clamps, too.

-- Mark

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
It should go without saying if you lived within 500 miles that I would also ride up there and fix your bike for you ! But then I would have to take it hostage and bleed the fluids and fix the preload and do a TB sync.....etc.

OP
OP
Snave
Bike
ST1300A
STOC #
It should go without saying if you lived within 500 miles that I would also ride up there and fix your bike for you ! But then I would have to take it hostage and bleed the fluids and fix the preload and do a TB sync.....etc.
Larry - thanks, I know you would... your reputation reaches way into the Cold North.

*SIGH* Road test isn't the issue. If I were closer and my passport wasn't expired, I'd ride up there and fix it. Probably throw in the clamps, too.
-- Mark
Mark - your offer is so tempting too: I mean Ottawa <-> North Virginia... we could meet somewhere in Vermont... my passport is ready... if only we had a RAN list member there who could loan us his garage to work in...
The upshot of this is that I learn how to get the plastics off my bike - and how to fix it too... win-win for me.

edit to say - ohhh just looked at Google Maps, VT is nowhere near central between us, that isn't what I thought... it looks like you would be doing three times the distance I am.

OP
OP
Snave
Bike
ST1300A
STOC #

-- Mark
Mark - I may be heading to Myrtle Beach in June, on the ST with Mrs Snave. If you're serious - we could drop in on the way past.
Hugh

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Ask mellow where to post it, then post a help needed for anyone who may be near you...I am always seeing folks in your area posting stuff..hope his helps.
The plastic is really easier than you think once you've done it.
Keep us posted.

Bike
04 ST1300 ABS
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
This is a bit of a cross post

I have the dreaded seep...

I think it is the water pump... where can I get one toot quick?

I plan to leave for OhSTOC THU or FRI

EDIT: I just looked at the manual... what a pain to replace the mechanical seal, you do not replace the pump you repair it and I don't have the tools... bearing pullers, hydraulic press... sheeze... I want my 1100 back

DSCN4771-XL.jpg

DSCN4767-XL.jpg

DSCN4772-XL.jpg

Last edited:

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
I have the dreaded seep...

I think it is the water pump...
If you've read the rest of this thread, I wouldn't be so quick to draw that conclusion. Green blood from the gap between the housings and not the weep hole makes for very high odds that your water pump's just fine.

EDIT: I just looked at the manual... what a pain to replace the mechanical seal, you do not replace the pump you repair it and I don't have the tools... bearing pullers, hydraulic press... sheeze... I want my 1100 back
The water pump for the 1100 (available only as an assembly) is a steal at five times the price of the replacement parts for the 1300 and and ten minutes of labor at a machine shop.

--Mark

Top Bottom