Cooling Stumped

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
I'll have to respectfully disagree with Scooter on this one. If the cylinders were firing out of whack, it may have caused heat problems.
I've done the TBS procedure on bikes that were running rough and missing, and it did seem to not only smooth things out, but lower the temps as well.
Just my .02
Glad your bike is back to normal.
RIde safe

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
I'll have to respectfully disagree with Scooter on this one. If the cylinders were firing out of whack, it may have caused heat problems.
I've done the TBS procedure on bikes that were running rough and missing, and it did seem to not only smooth things out, but lower the temps as well.
Just my .02
Glad your bike is back to normal.
RIde safe
Sigh...

Larry, believe what you want. Life is too short to argue over this...

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
+1 on what Scooter says... hopefully, it will just go away and won't happen again, it actually does happen like that sometimes.

There are folks that have said a throttle body sync got rid of the heat they felt on the bike so I suppose it's possible. Just don't see how that affects the t-stat, it would just hit the fans more often but still stay on 3 bars.

OP
OP
bjalphasud
Bike
05 ST-Candy Red
Mellow, you are onto something because I was getting three bars when stopped, that's when the cylinders are firing at idle. But when on the move, engaging throttle caused them to fire out of synch hence the intermittent bars. Hmm

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Mellow, you are onto something because I was getting three bars when stopped, that's when the cylinders are firing at idle. But when on the move, engaging throttle caused them to fire out of synch hence the intermittent bars. Hmm
:plus1:

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I just don't buy it.. the tb sync should not make a difference in how hot the coolant is or isn't. It may cause the engine to run hotter sooner and heat up the coolant and then trigger the t-stat to open and the fans to kick on but that action cools the engine off to normal op temps.

Hopefully, it just won't happen again and it's a moot point.

Top Bottom