COVID-19 Symptoms Explained, day by day

Erdoc48

Site Supporter
Bike
94/00/04 STs, FSC600
Something interesting...I got back from Colorado a few days ago...fever and chills with max temp of 104 F (past 3 days). Other than that, no cough, no aches, no headache, chest pain, shortness of breath, or any other more specific COVID symptoms. I got something, just hope it’s not COVID (maybe malaria??- j/k)- I’m now sequestered at home and will be getting tested through my job tomorrow. Fevers more prominent overnight and in the early AM- a little Motrin and Tylenol goes a long way.

By the way, Colorado mountain roads on the ST1300 were just fantastic. I’ll post a link to pics when I’m a little better and feel up to it.

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
.I got back from Colorado a few days ago...fever and chills with max temp of 104 F
Maybe you are dehydrated, when we where in Colorado Cherie got dehydrated with symptoms similar to yours plus she was unable to keep anything down. Three or four days before she was anything near normal.

Erdoc48

Site Supporter
Bike
94/00/04 STs, FSC600
Maybe you are dehydrated, when we where in Colorado Cherie got dehydrated with symptoms similar to yours plus she was unable to keep anything down. Three or four days before she was anything near normal.
I did think about that and dehydration is/ was a real possibility. I’ve been trying to drink well since I got home. It’ll be nice if that’s all it is

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
And I'm sure their research methods are impeccable and precise to the 10th decimal place. :biggrin:
And they would never use a statistical sample size too small for the population.
It appears from what I read that they make their leaps of statistical 'faith' based on what happened in the local population.
As I always say, torture the data enough and it will confess to anything ... ;)

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
Something interesting...I got back from Colorado a few days ago...fever and chills with max temp of 104 F (past 3 days). Other than that, no cough, no aches, no headache, chest pain, shortness of breath, or any other more specific COVID symptoms. I got something, just hope it’s not COVID (maybe malaria??- j/k)- I’m now sequestered at home and will be getting tested through my job tomorrow. Fevers more prominent overnight and in the early AM- a little Motrin and Tylenol goes a long way.

By the way, Colorado mountain roads on the ST1300 were just fantastic. I’ll post a link to pics when I’m a little better and feel up to it.
Pack yourself in ice and call me tomorrow. Ewww! That was mean.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
It sure is a great headline - if only there was proper research to back it up.
The problem with so much 'research' is we tend to accept it if we agree with it - whether the underlying premises are sound or not.
And that is whether one leans to the left, leans to the right, or stands right in the middle. ;)
My first question is just how many cases did they actually 'trace'?
Did they follow those people to their homes?
Did they have people tested?
Were they actually at Sturgis observing?
And then to slap some cost on their engineered numbers is right up there with P.T. Barnum.

Bike
'07 ST 1300 & '91 GW
STOC #
"Photographs show attendees largely ignored social distancing guidelines and seldom wore masks. They packed bars and local businesses, and stood shoulder-to-shoulder at live music performances."

What did you expect from incurable 'mericans who don't want their liberties squelched (?) 1/4 of them probably think COVID is a hoax
But hey nobody tells those Harley guys what to do !

Alesco

1997 30k mls ;o)
Bike
GL1500, ST 1100,
This is just my own personal view - so I guess here goes.
The virus is a REAL threat to a large number of individuals, most especially if you have other complications ie - over weight, diabetes, a heart condition, respiratory issues(asthma, COPD) etc. Age apparently - over 65 seems to be a cause for additional caution. and smoking to name a few. But our youth - 18-30 are particularly at risk with having get togethers also.
There also is appearing longer term issues once "recovered" - foggy thinking, muscular issues, poor lung function/capacity, lethargy.
And there are a number of victims to support/prove of this.
I cannot understand why people do not take the very basic protocols advised by health professionals world wide ( hand washing, mask wearing(in stores/supermarkets etc) and social distancing) seriously.
For myself, I would be taking all those advised precautions and then some - I'd hate to be responsible for passing the virus to my loved ones, family,friends or anyone else for that matter.
I guess here in NZ we have been very fortunate/LUCKY to have largely taken control of the virus with govt implemented measures( and these have NOT been without much critisism/controversy) and cost to our economy.
Wish luck to all out there.
Alesco

Bike
'07 ST 1300 & '91 GW
STOC #
This is just my own personal view - so I guess here goes.
The virus is a REAL threat to a large number of individuals, most especially if you have other complications ie - over weight, diabetes, a heart condition, respiratory issues(asthma, COPD) etc. Age apparently - over 65 seems to be a cause for additional caution. and smoking to name a few. But our youth - 18-30 are particularly at risk with having get togethers also.
There also is appearing longer term issues once "recovered" - foggy thinking, muscular issues, poor lung function/capacity, lethargy.
And there are a number of victims to support/prove of this.
I cannot understand why people do not take the very basic protocols advised by health professionals world wide ( hand washing, mask wearing(in stores/supermarkets etc) and social distancing) seriously.
For myself, I would be taking all those advised precautions and then some - I'd hate to be responsible for passing the virus to my loved ones, family,friends or anyone else for that matter.
I guess here in NZ we have been very fortunate/LUCKY to have largely taken control of the virus with govt implemented measures( and these have NOT been without much critisism/controversy) and cost to our economy.
Wish luck to all out there.
Alesco
Totally agree & so does my RN son in the local Grand Rapids ICU link above , who I know deals with it everyday .

Top Bottom