Crash

Gus1300

Site Supporter
Bike
04 1300A
Good to know the gear works. I should prob not leave that riding suit in the closet as much as I do!

Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
One of the prime reasons that I chose the ST1300 over others was the fact that there was a built in crash guard.
I also added the rear crash guard as well.
These two items saved my leg from being crushed when a car changed lanes and pushed me off the road.
The damage to your built in crash guard and side bag speaks volumes. Glad that you are OK.

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Good to know the gear works. I should prob not leave that riding suit in the closet as much as I do!
I lived in Oklahoma where July and August get to hot for me to tolerate with my gear on. July and August are battery tender season for me. I can take the heat. But I won’t ride without my gear on.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Glad you are ok Rich. As Spidey said, a rear crash bar would have resulted in minimal damage but it takes space away from a pillion passenger's feet. You might check with Bell. I know Schuberth gives you a significant discount towards a replacement helmet if you crash and the helmet touches down. I don't know if Bell does the same.

Bike
2004 ST1300
Whoa!
Glad you're okay. I wiped out pulling out of my driveway forgetting about the release agent on the new rear tire. There was alot of cosmetic damage. I'm sure some of our members have some spare parts for the bike. Hope you heal well.

TPadden

Tom Padden
One of the prime reasons that I chose the ST1300 over others was the fact that there was a built in crash guard.
One of the prime reasons I got rid of my ST and moved on to BMW ... was the fact that it was tolerably crash-able. :rofl1:

Rich, that should buff out... speedy recovery. ;)

Tom

Last edited:
OP
OP
RichKat
Bike
2011 ST_1300 PA
STOC #
It looks like this will be the end of my Moby, I'm upside down on what I owe, and insurance is lowballing me on payout, just don't have the money to keep it. I'm sure I'll try to find another ST, got to say, it's been my favorite ride
Just totally heartbroken right now, I feel like I've lost my best friend

TPadden

Tom Padden
Really sorry to read that. It looked repairable to me, but once you break plastic you never know. Hopefully you can work the insurance thing out.

Tom

Reactions: Obo

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles
It looks like this will be the end of my Moby, I'm upside down on what I owe, and insurance is lowballing me on payout, just don't have the money to keep it. I'm sure I'll try to find another ST, got to say, it's been my favorite ride
Just totally heartbroken right now, I feel like I've lost my best friend
When mine was totaled they let me buy it back for $600.00 ish. It never left my driveway. Maybe your finance company will let you keep making payments… you keep it, use the insurance money to fix it and ride on.

OP
OP
RichKat
Bike
2011 ST_1300 PA
STOC #
When mine was totaled they let me buy it back for $600.00 ish. It never left my driveway. Maybe your finance company will let you keep making payments… you keep it, use the insurance money to fix it and ride on.
If I let them have it, it will just cover what I owe, if I keep it, I'll need to come up with $3000 that I just don't have right now, The salvage yard says they auction bikes off almost every month, so I'll see if maybe I can get it back. Would think a 2011 bike with 50,000 miles won't bring much?

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles
If I let them have it, it will just cover what I owe, if I keep it, I'll need to come up with $3000 that I just don't have right now, The salvage yard says they auction bikes off almost every month, so I'll see if maybe I can get it back. Would think a 2011 bike with 50,000 miles won't bring much?
I see, ask the adjuster how much to buy it after they pay it off. The salvages yard won’t pay much… and this all sux, sorry it happened.

Top Bottom