Crash

Duporth

Site Supporter
Bike
2021 BMW R1250GS
Bad luck RK, but for a crash at 55 mph the outcome was better than it might have been.
Hope you and machine recover well, and soon. :thumb:

OP
OP
RichKat
Bike
2011 ST_1300 PA
STOC #
Had surgery Tuesday, first meeting with therapist today. Looks much better, Doctor said he did cut out some scar tissue, but tendon was repaired, and plate and screws went in as planned. Feeling finally like there might be a light at end of tunnel after all Resized_20240321_075122.jpeg

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Does the hardware stay there forever, or is it just for mending for a while?
What is the PT prescribed?
Heal fast, Rich.

Beeflips

(it's me...Greg) Returning some videotapes
Bike
2000 ST1100Y
Rich, This is tough to look at, I'm sorry that you had a mishap that damaged you AND your precious Moby. I hope for your sake, that you will get on the other side of things and get back to what we all love doing. Things can only get better from here. Heal up fast!

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Had surgery Tuesday, first meeting with therapist today. Looks much better, Doctor said he did cut out some scar tissue, but tendon was repaired, and plate and screws went in as planned. Feeling finally like there might be a light at end of tunnel after all Resized_20240321_075122.jpeg
Why did they have to cut off 2 fingers?

o_O

Just saw your post. I'm sorry to hear about the spill, but as others have said on here, I'm just glad that you are generally ok and were able to walk away from it, as a spill at 55 mph involves some serious energy. I have enjoyed your commentary and input on this forum and am sure that another ST will find its way to you. Get that hand well soon so you'll be ready for it!

Bike
ST-1300A '09/'12
2024 Miles
If I let them have it, it will just cover what I owe, if I keep it, I'll need to come up with $3000 that I just don't have right now, The salvage yard says they auction bikes off almost every month, so I'll see if maybe I can get it back. Would think a 2011 bike with 50,000 miles won't bring much?
Only just saw this thread. Like everyone said, glad Tha you are ok!
Its sad to have to total a bike just for cosmetic damage. I'm guessing the insurance company's repair quote is using new genuine Honda parts and labor. Have you looked into replacing with used parts and/or Chinese tupperware?

For instance, ebay has a used saddlebag for $250 vs. +$800 for new parts.

Here's a full fairing kit for $250:

Or a little over $200 for just a used right fairing in you want to paint it:
You could wait on the muffler.

You could probably fix it for much less than the insurance company quote.

That being said, having the insurance company square off your loan and starting over isn't a bad deal either. A new ride in your stable will greatly help to smooth the sting.

STumped

Because I usually am . . . .
Bike
2012 BMW K1600GT
Only just saw this thread. Like everyone said, glad Tha you are ok!
Its sad to have to total a bike just for cosmetic damage. I'm guessing the insurance company's repair quote is using new genuine Honda parts and labor. Have you looked into replacing with used parts and/or Chinese tupperware?

For instance, ebay has a used saddlebag for $250 vs. +$800 for new parts.

Here's a full fairing kit for $250:

Or a little over $200 for just a used right fairing in you want to paint it:
You could wait on the muffler.

You could probably fix it for much less than the insurance company quote.

That being said, having the insurance company square off your loan and starting over isn't a bad deal either. A new ride in your stable will greatly help to smooth the sting.
Rich, I have a set of OEM mufflers if you go that route.

SmashVol

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 FJR1300 ES
Rich, just glad it was not worse and good luck with things. Hate you have to go through that. Take care and hope you are back on 2 wheels soon.

Top Bottom