Cruise Control

STumpy

R.I.P. - 2013/05/05
Rest In Peace
STOC #
I would like to install a cruise control on my 06 ST1300. I looked at the Throttlemiester, but that seams clumsy. What is your opinion of the TM and are there any other options available?

Thanks
Don

Bike
still deciding
STOC #
STumpy said:
I would like to install a cruise control on my 06 ST1300. I looked at the Throttlemiester, but that seams clumsy. What is your opinion of the TM and are there any other options available?

Thanks
Don
I have never been able to understand why anybody would choose a Throttlemiester over the Vista Cruise. The Vista Cruise is so much easier to use, and way cheaper. It's a real no-brainer. If you just happen to like the bar ends, of the Throttlemiester, why not get HVMP bar ends, and install the much easier to use Vista Cruise. By the way Don are talking about a throttle lock not a cruise control.

Phil

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
I have a TM, also installing a McCruise this Memorial weekend. The McCruise is a plug and go developed for the ST.

www.spoiledbiker.com look at the McCruise, pricey, but you get what you pay for ;) Great service, will answer any questions you have about it ;)

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
If you love to ride, go with the McCruise. I've installed two of them and it's just not that difficult. Electronic and virtually bulletproof. Does a great job of holding the ST at a constant speed, up hills and down!!

John

Austin city limits

R.I.P. - 2010/11/19
Rest In Peace
East Central Illinois... 12 miles from Moonshine..
Bike
2006 ST1300 ABS
I have both the Throttlemeisters and the McCruise... Thanks to Curt and Biddyman with assistance of many others that is,,, I have the MC... ;)

I L O V E,,, my MC!!! I also still like my TM!!! Just don't have the TM locked on,,, and set your cruise too!!! You will try to figure out what is up!!!:rolleyes:

I use both... The Cruise out on long stretches,,, and the TM everywhere else...

rbs

Bike
08 ST
STOC #
Ditto on the Audiovox

It's cheaper than the Throttlemister, albiet considerably more work to install. I first installed the Throttlemister when I picked up my new bike from the dealer and will leave it on even though I now have electronic cruise.

I had Throttlemister on my Beemer so was used to its operation, and it is very easy to install. But don't waste your money, get the real thing.

+1 for the MCCruise. It's not cheap, but it works and it's easy to install. I'm not even going to bother with a throttle lock.

Bike
ST1300
I can't remember whether I put the NEP or the Vista Cruise on the ST, but for those occasions when you just need to free up your throttle hand for a short time either one is a good option for less than $25. I trimmed the control lever down to a small stub which gets it out of the way. To take the grips off easily insert a basketball needle air tip, between the grip and the bar, apply air and the grip will come off easily.

Someone else mentioned this as a cheap option, but it's not in this thread so I thought I'd add it in.

If you get the right size rubber O ring, you can put it on your bar end, and just roll it to the left so it sits in the groove between your grip and bar end. I happened to find 2 rings that work well, so now I have a backup.

Yeah, it's not electronic, and it's not a Vista or TM, but if you're like me and don't really "need" a lock or cruise, just want something that will let you stretch out your right hand every now and then, this is the ticket.

Low impact, fairly easy to use, no potential for failure, and you can't beat the price. I wasn't sold on the idea until I tried it...works for me...YMMV.

Pags

jeff4912

'03 Honda ST1300 Std
STOC #
Electric cruise control is very very nice for long multiday trips. Taken a couple 8-10 day rides and used the cruise control everyday. For that matter I use it in everyday riding too.
I will never own a bike without one now.

Nice not havng to look down at your speedo every 8-10 seconds to make sure your speed is steady.

Last edited:
JM Anthony said:
If you love to ride, go with the McCruise. I've installed two of them and it's just not that difficult. Electronic and virtually bulletproof. Does a great job of holding the ST at a constant speed, up hills and down!!

John
How long did it take to install the devise?

Hi John,

I‘ve installed a McCruise system on my 06 ST that I removed off of a salvage 06 ST and I’m finding myself looking for the wiring diagram for this system so that get spade terminal connections connected correct and of course I‘m going need to get the rest of whatever information that you can provide me with.

Thanks in advance,
Cbail2006

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
I don't see the Rostra CC mentioned here. I have installed a few of them with great success. They are really good, but a lot of labor to do it up right. I think there are other good options as well, but definitely I will say to stay away from any that have a vacuum component to them. Pure electronic and good connections, hopefully solder is the way to go.

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
I don't see the Rostra CC mentioned here. I have installed a few of them with great success.
Same here. I've been installing stereo equipment, cruise controls, etc. since the days of 8-tracks.

There are other CC threads, but this one is 14.5 years old, until today.

Top Bottom