Delkevic Exhaust (ST1100)

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
My guess is they would, based on the picture and their example of their VFR pipes and OEM cans.
Thankfully, my system is still in good shape, even after 28 years.
John
John - The answer from Delkevic themselves -

Our parts are OEM replacements so the slip ons and headers work interchangeably with the stock components.
There are gaskets between the link pipes and headers that should be replaced every time the two are disjoined.

The headers are listed on their website at $367 (includes gaskets) which seems to be a pretty fair price for them.
My 'oldest' girl is in need of a set is the reason I asked.

Dec

Bike
00 st1100
Can the stock silencers still be used with the Delkevic exhaust pipes?
Phil, I think the stock silencers will fit the Delkevic pipes. I don't have any part of the exhaust remaining on the bike which is still stock, but looking at the angle of where the silencer pipes enter new collector box it looks the same angle etc so id be pretty confident it would work for you.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Phil, I think the stock silencers will fit the Delkevic pipes. I don't have any part of the exhaust remaining on the bike which is still stock, but looking at the angle of where the silencer pipes enter new collector box it looks the same angle etc so id be pretty confident it would work for you.
Dec - Thanks for the answer and thanks for looking.
In my post above, Delkevic answered my question about that and said that yes they would work.

STraymond

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100
STOC #
I received 2 sets of headers from Delki and both sets would not correctly pair up to the heads. Upon further inspection, the pipe attach flanges were not ever going to mate to the engine head ports properly. Took pictures of that great zchienede manufacturing job with a straight edge which clearly showed the header flanges were tweaked. Delki did nothing for my troubles. I kept the 14 inch cans and shipped the header JUNK back for refund, 2 sets, both fouled up.

Not rocket science, 2 thumbs down for their headers. I don't preload parts to get them to fit. They're either manufactured correctly or not.

The 14 inch cans are great and with tweaked carbs, and stock header, KN drop in, 75 in 2nd at 8000 rpm comes real quick should I require emergency war time power....

Seems there is a rubber bumper stop on the left turn out pipe and check your return spring too. Hopefully, you'll be able to finesse the turn out pipe and muffler to allow the stand to fully retract.

When you say that the header flanges were tweaked, what did you mean? I just received my new Delkevic headers for my ST11 and would like to know if I can do a quality/fitment check prior to removing my existing OEMs.

Ray

lomita

In God We Trust
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
Lay a flat edge across the flange faces of the exhaust manifold and check if they are flat. Was unable to get anything near a normal install due to sloppy manufacturing tolerances. Still running the stock headers with the 14 inch round slashcuts 3 years later.

Bending parts to make them fit is asking for problems.

Furthermore, even supplying Delkevic USA pictures and measurements of an obvious manufacturing error in the 2 sets of headers they sent me, they did nothing about correcting the problem. Delkevic would not acknowledge whatsoever the obvious problem. They refunded me for return of the headers.

The mufflers are dynamite.

There may be a possibility that you could repack them with a better glass packing...... do you know that yours have the dB killers installed?
I have in the past few bikes replaced the glass pack with stainless steal scrub buds (you know what your wife uses for washing pots and pans) work perfectly, packed tightly or loose whatever is kind to your ear.

jdmccright

Vendor
Bike
2000 ST1100
I've had the Del mufflers installed on my 1100 for about a year now. I like them but for some reason I get a weird resonance in my ear at certain rpms. I think I may try the scouring pad trick to dampen that a bit. Thanks for the idea.

Top Bottom