Delkevic Exhaust (ST1100)

Bike
ST1100V, 1997
I have had Delkevic s/s silencers fitted to my ST11 for a few years.
They look and sound great, especially if I remove the 'optional' baffle :)

I'll admit I'm new to the ST game , but not to motorcycles ........ The '92 I just bought has a set of Delkevic 18" cans.
Here is my question:
Why is no one re-jetting after this install? my bike runs good but a lot of "popping" on decel , indication of lean on pilot jet / pilot air scew.

Thanks

lomita

In God We Trust
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
I went with oversize pilot and main jets, and a nice set of adjustable tapered needles.

Works good, mileage good, power excellent, no popping.

Not rocket science. Not for everyone.

Running stock filter housing with KN drop in air filter and 14 inch slash cut round Delkevic cans with baffles installed.

It's real nice to have military wartime throttle available.....

Attachments

I went with oversize pilot and main jets, and a nice set of adjustable tapered needles.

Works good, mileage good, power excellent, no popping.

Not rocket science. Not for everyone.

Running stock filter housing with KN drop in air filter and 14 inch slash cut round Delkevic cans with baffles installed.

It's real nice to have military wartime throttle available.....
What did you go to for jet sizes?

Dec

Bike
00 st1100
Fitted the Delkevic exhaust to my ST1100 about six months ago as a replacement to the stock exhaust due to the stock collector box being rotten. Personally I don't like the Delkevic silencers as they are loud when riding slow through town etc, for me they spoil the ST1100. Wish there was something more in the same line as the stock exhaust which could be fitted.

Dec

lomita

In God We Trust
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
What did you go to for jet sizes?
Before you change jets, I would try opening the pilot screws a quarter turn each and see if the condition prevails. (Popping)

I will be pulling my carbs soon for inspection and can tell you what jets are installed.

PM me if you have further questions.

Before you change jets, I would try opening the pilot screws a quarter turn each and see if the condition prevails. (Popping)

I will be pulling my carbs soon for inspection and can tell you what jets are installed.

PM me if you have further questions.
I have not even ventured under the pretty red skin yet ....... can the pilot screws be accessed without pulling the carbs?
And Thank You very much !

Fitted the Delkevic exhaust to my ST1100 about six months ago as a replacement to the stock exhaust due to the stock collector box being rotten. Personally I don't like the Delkevic silencers as they are loud when riding slow through town etc, for me they spoil the ST1100. Wish there was something more in the same line as the stock exhaust which could be fitted.

Dec
There may be a possibility that you could repack them with a better glass packing...... do you know that yours have the dB killers installed?

Dec

Bike
00 st1100
They just have the alloy baffle that can be removed. Once you remove the screw at the end of the silencer you can then slide the baffle out etc. I might actually contact Delkevic and ask them if they have anything that can quite them down a little, if so this would be a big improvement.

lomita

In God We Trust
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
I have not even ventured under the pretty red skin yet ....... can the pilot screws be accessed without pulling the carbs?
And Thank You very much !
Sure, if you have the special tool. It's a royal PITA. Someone might loan you the tool. The static adjustment of the pilot screws worked just fine for me. I simply loosened the clamps, popped the carbs loose, made the adjustment, popped the carbs back on. Got them where I wanted in short order. Started at 2.75 turns and only closed them after initial setup a quarter turn. Been running them 3 years without further adjustment.

lomita

In God We Trust
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS

Dec
What rpm do you ride in town? Which Delkevic mufflers did you install?

My 14 inch Delkevic cans start singing pretty good by 3000 rpm. Ear plugs are a must for all my riding.

With my jetting, I can chug at 2000 rpm, but I avoid high manifold pressure low rpm conditions. Same as when flying.

MattInDenver

Shall Be known as MattInMadison
Bike
2012 ST1300 2006 VFR
Absolutly BEAUTIFUL!
z I couldn't post the video of the exhaust. That is a full system. At the time I was living in Denver near the distribution center for Delkevic. They hooked me up. I went with the tri-ovals. I wanted to stick with a similar look. I kept the baffles in. Sounds much better. DSC_0191.jpg

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Dec
Can the stock silencers still be used with the Delkevic exhaust pipes?

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
John - They list the pipes without cans on their website. I just can't tell if the stock ones would fit on their headers....
My guess is they would, based on the picture and their example of their VFR pipes and OEM cans.

Thankfully, my system is still in good shape, even after 28 years.

John

Bike
VStrom 650

Dec
You might be lucky and drop on some secondhand Motads. They are advertised on ebay fairly regularly. They're not as quiet as standard but near enough.
Upt'North.

Top Bottom