Delkevic Exhaust (ST1100)

peterz

Site Supporter
Bike
07 ST1300
STOC #
Hi Karen. I have had my Delkevics for 7 or 8 years and i have had no problems with them. I think for the money their quality is up there with Staintune. Hope to see you and Ed on the road this summer.

Peter

Bike
1997 ST1100
I also replaced the rusted out OEM system with 18" ovals last summer. The factory pipes are stainless but the collectors and joints are not :confused:. They sound great and look good. I agree with some previous posters about the baffles. If they're out, just a bit too loud for daily running. If you want "attitude", well then...

Slydynbye

Will ride for Pie
Bike
2000 ABSII
STOC #
I replaced an Entire Exhaust a couple of months ago when my stock headers rotted out. 18" pipes and full headers.
Surprised how well they fit, I was expecting a bit of a Nightmare.
After a self inflicted problem at first, called the company they sent out some extra crush washers and slip joint gaskets at no charge.
If you want more performance the shorter you go the lighter they are and there is a small increase in HP according to their website. I would expect a corresponding slightly louder exhaust as well.
The Quality is very good.

Bike
2002 ST1100
I replaced an Entire Exhaust a couple of months ago when my stock headers rotted out. 18" pipes and full headers.
Surprised how well they fit, I was expecting a bit of a Nightmare.
After a self inflicted problem at first, called the company they sent out some extra crush washers and slip joint gaskets at no charge.
If you want more performance the shorter you go the lighter they are and there is a small increase in HP according to their website. I would expect a corresponding slightly louder exhaust as well.
The Quality is very good.
Just curious, did you detect a drop in engine heat after the new exhaust? Did you buy Delkevic?

Slydynbye

Will ride for Pie
Bike
2000 ABSII
STOC #
Just curious, did you detect a drop in engine heat after the new exhaust? Did you buy Delkevic?
Haven't noticed any difference in heat, never had a problem with it.
Yes, I bought Delkevic.

The sound is deeper but surprisingly not louder as measured by a sound meter.

Fwiw, i just installed a new set of Delkevics on my 1100, and they are real nice. They sound and look good , but most important to me is the performance gain. Less back pressure allows an engine to spin up quicker, and there is no doubt i can feel it in quickness.

Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
These Delkevics were already fitted on my 2000 ST when I bought it at 46,000 miles and they seem fine to me 2,000 miles later. I don't know how they compare sound-wise to the originals as I didn't put them on. Will look at the spark plugs and air filter soon to make sure the mixture is good.
Regards
Eric

Bike
2001 & 1992 ST 1100'
I have the 18" cans on my dressed 1100 now. I had to get a complete system a couple years ago when the stock system rotted out at the collector. At first I had the shorties but didn't like the sound after a while. The full system with the short 9" mufflers was $600 and change. The 18" mufflers were around $400 alone, but the sound and quality are worth it. If I could get the factory Honda mufflers for that price, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a set. I like the whisper quiet "JETSON" sound of the stock exhaust.

Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
I have the 18" cans on my dressed 1100 now. I had to get a complete system a couple years ago when the stock system rotted out at the collector. At first I had the shorties but didn't like the sound after a while. The full system with the short 9" mufflers was $600 and change. The 18" mufflers were around $400 alone, but the sound and quality are worth it. If I could get the factory Honda mufflers for that price, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a set. I like the whisper quiet "JETSON" sound of the stock exhaust.
Hi riffraff, yes they are nice sounding silencers - the neighbours have noticed the difference since I sold my FZR Yam Foxeye with a Micron can on it and bought the Pan!!
Regards
Eric

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
Sorry to be skeptical of any aftermarket exhaust system or carb fiddling claims of performance increase (and no degradation of drivability) on ST1100s, but over all these years (24 for me) I’ve seen no documented proof. Nada. Zero.

If you don’t have before and after dyno run results, it didn’t happen, no matter how hard you may rationalize. JMHO of course.

Respectfully, John

Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
Sorry to be skeptical of any aftermarket exhaust system or carb fiddling claims of performance increase (and no degradation of drivability) on ST1100s, but over all these years (24 for me) I’ve seen no documented proof. Nada. Zero.

If you don’t have before and after dyno run results, it didn’t happen, no matter how hard you may rationalize. JMHO of course.

Respectfully, John
Hi there, I didn't put them on, they were already fitted when I bought both bikes!
Regards
Eric

Uh, guys? Anyone actually weigh this Exhaust?? Emails sent to U.K. HQ received NO answer to that question. Am much more interested in dropping LBs off my machine (than doing wheelies?)... >>>>> As for sound Files... there are so many variables along the path, the "quality" of what you will hear on your own 'play-device' will usually be not-so-good. [ Microphone? or Stereo mics? actual DSP converting analog sound signals to digital file? Format chosen for sound-file (FLAC is usually better)? and same stuff in-reverse to end User ] >>>>> So get on your ST and RIDE "to" the Poster, eh?

tmills

Site Supporter
Bike
2000 ST1100
STOC #
Just fitted a Delkevic complete exhaust on my ST1100. Only complaint is the centre stand is dragging when I turn (2up) so I either need to lose weight or maybe need a new shock.

Slydynbye

Will ride for Pie
Bike
2000 ABSII
STOC #
As I remember there was some flexibility to adjust the collector upward when first fitting (before compressing the crush washers) but the center stand seemed a little low. I also adjusted the mid pipes to get a little more height where the center stand contacts the pipes. You can back the mid pipes out off the collector (some) to gain Centerstand clearance.

lomita

In God We Trust
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
I received 2 sets of headers from Delki and both sets would not correctly pair up to the heads. Upon further inspection, the pipe attach flanges were not ever going to mate to the engine head ports properly. Took pictures of that great zchienede manufacturing job with a straight edge which clearly showed the header flanges were tweaked. Delki did nothing for my troubles. I kept the 14 inch cans and shipped the header JUNK back for refund, 2 sets, both fouled up.

Not rocket science, 2 thumbs down for their headers. I don't preload parts to get them to fit. They're either manufactured correctly or not.

The 14 inch cans are great and with tweaked carbs, and stock header, KN drop in, 75 in 2nd at 8000 rpm comes real quick should I require emergency war time power....

Seems there is a rubber bumper stop on the left turn out pipe and check your return spring too. Hopefully, you'll be able to finesse the turn out pipe and muffler to allow the stand to fully retract.

tmills

Site Supporter
Bike
2000 ST1100
STOC #
As I remember there was some flexibility to adjust the collector upward when first fitting (before compressing the crush washers) but the center stand seemed a little low. I also adjusted the mid pipes to get a little more height where the center stand contacts the pipes. You can back the mid pipes out off the collector (some) to gain Centerstand clearance.
Alright I'll give it a try

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
I watched Bob Hoover install Delkevics on his ST1100 at a Pardeeville TechSTOC and don’t remember any centerstand interference issues.

tmills

Site Supporter
Bike
2000 ST1100
STOC #
I watched Bob Hoover install Delkevics on his ST1100 at a Pardeeville TechSTOC and don’t remember any center-stand interference issues.
A clamp was turned down and the centre -stand was catching on it. Readjusted it. Made sure all clamps were tight. Loosened muffler clamps and got a little lift by taking up slack with a jack (no extra hands) and re-tightening and then adjusted my preload. Hopefully that works. Thanks for your help.

Top Bottom