Do I make my ST look small? Pics

OP
OP
Larry Fine
Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
Larry the answers no.......but.......do you ride sitting that far back, it looks strange.
I do when I'm moving. When I put my feet down, my thighs against the seat wings lever my butt forward. Once I get going, I lift myself and move back. The step in the seat feels like part of the front half.

Notice the space between my knees and the fairing. I'm 6'3" (well, I used to be) and long-legged. I got this seat because it lets me unbend my knees that much, and its flatness doesn't push me forward.

Plus, the +3" tall risers and fully-extended Helibars bring the grips high and far back enough for my back and shoulders to be comfortable for any distance. I used to have to stop every half hour or less.

Bike
VStrom 650
I do when I'm moving. When I put my feet down, my thighs against the seat wings lever my butt forward. Once I get going, I lift myself and move back. The step in the seat feels like part of the front half.

Notice the space between my knees and the fairing. I'm 6'3" (well, I used to be) and long-legged. I got this seat because it lets me unbend my knees that much, and its flatness doesn't push me forward.

Plus, the +3" tall risers and fully-extended Helibars bring the grips high and far back enough for my back and shoulders to be comfortable for any distance. I used to have to stop every half hour or less.
Larry, we seem a similar height and leg length, I'm 6'4" - 34'ish, my natural position was knees resting fairly gently on the fairing panels. My knees would feel the temps when riding in hot weather.
When I said strange......that's strange to me, but it's whatever works.
On my current ride I removed someone else's bar risers and went to stock, lowered the pegs by one inch and forward by 1/4 inch and raised the seat 2", I can't imagine many would like the riding position.
Come to think about it, I don't know if I do yet..........
Upt.

Hound

Cave Canem
Bike
2004 ST1300PA
STOC #
I'm 6'3" and 33" inseam. My police ST1100 (below) had bar risers as standard (either 1 inch or 1½, I forget which) and my knees pressed against the fairing panels. I think the single seat was an inch lower than standard too. It was a comfy riding position, but the ST1300 gives more knee room and was just as good once I put Genmar risers on it.

hound1.jpg

Erdoc48

Site Supporter
Bike
94/00/04 STs, FSC600
I was laughing at this thread…reminds me of Al Bundy’s quote:
’Ladies, don’t ask us if the dress makes you look fat- it’s the fat that makes you look fat!’

Larry, you’re fine and I make my STs look smaller as well- I was 282 lbs, now down to 240 or so, so I make the bike look not as hidden!

JJames

Site Supporter
Bike
2000 ST 1100 ABS II
You Look fine Larry. I'm about the same height and did chose to the same thing . Looked at your ST photos more than once. - Stock bar + 3,5" Rox risers and RDL seat . I had few all day rides with the stock seat and bar , and it worked surprisingly well -no pain. But it felt like the stock seat slanted towards the "tank" - and it got kind of cramped for the legs and other body parts. The RDL fixed that -higher and further back ,and it slants the right way. Sitting higher might not be for everybody , but I don't think I'll be going back any time soon.
DSC_0232-kopi.JPG

Last edited:
Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
Other than that seat obviously not having been made for you, you need more hair. Nyuk, nyuk!

Walleye

Site Supporter
Bike
99 ST 1100
A while back, I posted a couple of pics showing my Helibars on tall risers and my RDL seat. Someone asked to see a pic of how tall I sit on the bike. I finally remembered and asked my nephew to take a couple.

IMG_1697.png IMG_1699.png
With much certainty Larry you have answered the reason for all the Big Foot sightings in the area.

Top Bottom