Do I make my ST look small? Pics

Larry the answers no.......but.......do you ride sitting that far back, it looks strange.
I do when I'm moving. When I put my feet down, my thighs against the seat wings lever my butt forward. Once I get going, I lift myself and move back. The step in the seat feels like part of the front half.

Notice the space between my knees and the fairing. I'm 6'3" (well, I used to be) and long-legged. I got this seat because it lets me unbend my knees that much, and its flatness doesn't push me forward.

Plus, the +3" tall risers and fully-extended Helibars bring the grips high and far back enough for my back and shoulders to be comfortable for any distance. I used to have to stop every half hour or less.

I do when I'm moving. When I put my feet down, my thighs against the seat wings lever my butt forward. Once I get going, I lift myself and move back. The step in the seat feels like part of the front half.

Notice the space between my knees and the fairing. I'm 6'3" (well, I used to be) and long-legged. I got this seat because it lets me unbend my knees that much, and its flatness doesn't push me forward.

Plus, the +3" tall risers and fully-extended Helibars bring the grips high and far back enough for my back and shoulders to be comfortable for any distance. I used to have to stop every half hour or less.
Larry, we seem a similar height and leg length, I'm 6'4" - 34'ish, my natural position was knees resting fairly gently on the fairing panels. My knees would feel the temps when riding in hot weather.
When I said strange......that's strange to me, but it's whatever works.
On my current ride I removed someone else's bar risers and went to stock, lowered the pegs by one inch and forward by 1/4 inch and raised the seat 2", I can't imagine many would like the riding position.
Come to think about it, I don't know if I do yet..........
Upt.

I'm 6'3" and 33" inseam. My police ST1100 (below) had bar risers as standard (either 1 inch or 1½, I forget which) and my knees pressed against the fairing panels. I think the single seat was an inch lower than standard too. It was a comfy riding position, but the ST1300 gives more knee room and was just as good once I put Genmar risers on it.

hound1.jpg

I was laughing at this thread…reminds me of Al Bundy’s quote:
’Ladies, don’t ask us if the dress makes you look fat- it’s the fat that makes you look fat!’

Larry, you’re fine and I make my STs look smaller as well- I was 282 lbs, now down to 240 or so, so I make the bike look not as hidden!

You Look fine Larry. I'm about the same height and did chose to the same thing . Looked at your ST photos more than once. - Stock bar + 3,5" Rox risers and RDL seat . I had few all day rides with the stock seat and bar , and it worked surprisingly well -no pain. But it felt like the stock seat slanted towards the "tank" - and it got kind of cramped for the legs and other body parts. The RDL fixed that -higher and further back ,and it slants the right way. Sitting higher might not be for everybody , but I don't think I'll be going back any time soon.
DSC_0232-kopi.JPG

Last edited:
A while back, I posted a couple of pics showing my Helibars on tall risers and my RDL seat. Someone asked to see a pic of how tall I sit on the bike. I finally remembered and asked my nephew to take a couple.

View attachment 310288 View attachment 310289
With much certainty Larry you have answered the reason for all the Big Foot sightings in the area.

Back
Top Bottom