Does ATGATT Work

Bike
2014 ST1300
I took a look at the website, they sure look like decent kit. May have to start saving up and add it to the list of wants, which by latest perusal doesn't appear to be finite any time soon.

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles
Normal kit, not my ride. It’s the Motoport. I too struggle with ATGATT when not “touring”. It doesn’t seem to be a time as much as effort. If I’m riding a short ride to get groceries and it’s Sunday morning and I’m taking the back way, it requires little effort on my part. When commuting in rush hour even just 20 minutes, it’s a lot of effort, gear goes on. I definitely try to understand why my brain is operating this way. I know ATGATT is the the right play, doesn’t always play out. Minimum kit however is helmet boots glasses and gloves. Comes down to jackets and trousers. I have multiple of each, varying in quality, Motoport being the highest. My JR mesh trousers with padding is only to make me think I’m protected. If they are called on, I doubt the knee pads will be in the right place and the shell will definitely give me burns of hot plastic.

So what’s a rider to do?

48B5577B-0343-4D9C-ABA5-5682408D6DA6.jpeg

Bike
2008 ST1300
One of my officers handled an accident yesterday where a rider of a sport bike failed to negotiate a curve (witnesses put him passing much faster than traffic speed over double solid yellow lines). The bike and rider slid over 150', rider hits a three strand cable guide rail, and the bike lands on top of his head. The bike was stuck under the cables, and it's weight was supported on the rider's helmet. Rider laying face up, wearing full leather, I think a one piece suit, sportbike boots, gloves. Not sure the brands. Tourniquet to the upper leg for a deep, serious gash.

Guy is walking around today, will be released soon if not already.

Bike
Honda ST1300 Pan-Eur
One of my officers handled an accident yesterday where a rider of a sport bike failed to negotiate a curve (witnesses put him passing much faster than traffic speed over double solid yellow lines). The bike and rider slid over 150', rider hits a three strand cable guide rail, and the bike lands on top of his head. The bike was stuck under the cables, and it's weight was supported on the rider's helmet. Rider laying face up, wearing full leather, I think a one piece suit, sportbike boots, gloves. Not sure the brands. Tourniquet to the upper leg for a deep, serious gash.

Guy is walking around today, will be released soon if not already.
Lucky fella, even with all the gear. Time to buy a lottery ticket maybe?

Top Bottom