Bike
2012 ST1300a
STOC #
wow, turned out great!
This kit?
Yes.

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
Just past the 2 year anniversary of my crashing Blue Star. My rebuild went really well,, and it is running fantastic now. The replacements for the crushed '04 blue fairing panels were great value from recyclers in Florida/Texas/California. But the switchback complete mirror assemblies were from China,,, and are far from oem quality,,, but quite useable,,, and one would be hard pressed to notice any differences without a magnifying glass. They took a little finessing, but the cost was about $200.cdn vs. for $1000.cdn for stock replacements from Honda Canada (gripe, gripe). The China stuff has been half decent,, so far,,, imho,,, CAt'

Last edited:
Bike
2006 ST1300ABS
I purchased a set off ebay for about $500 delivered. Fit was pretty good. No grinding or severe misalignment issues. The paint quality is pretty good. I wasn't planning to do this but repairing one panel locally was in excess of buying a complete set from China. Customer service was good, shipping was reasonably fast (mine was already in Cali when I placed the order). My only gripe is the kit does not include mirror covers (but if you need black I have a pair of Honda covers for a 2006 ST1300). Also the color matched fastener kit they provide is kinda nice but incomplete IMHO. I really needed a few extra plastic pins, and the ones in the kit were the wrong size. I got a red kit and the red bolts are aluminum and not very sturdy. Snapped one in the headlight area that took a while to back out and replace... All in all I am satisfied with the purchase and I love the red color. Again: it wasn't my intention; but the bike was originally black and this gave me a chance to switch to red for less than repair/repainting a single body part. Hope this helps. PS: My experience is from about 30-days ago, so fairly recent. I can give you the vendor's name if interested. Also, I've been busy, but eventually I will start selling the original black tupperware soon. The only piece I'm missing is the left lower cowl (the big piece over the engine).

I tried to attach a picture of the final product, but it isn't a great picture. Eventually I'll do some glamor shots.

Cheers!

Attachments

OP
OP
dragulabuilder
I've been seeing high-mileage ST1300P go at auction for ~$200-300. Might be good source for fairings and spare parts...
LoL, thats how I got in this mess...bought one for an alternator (just in case as mine is still working fine) then found it was a runner with only cosmetic issues..thus the need for a left side fairing.

OP
OP
dragulabuilder
I purchased a set off ebay for about $500 delivered. Fit was pretty good. No grinding or severe misalignment issues. The paint quality is pretty good. I wasn't planning to do this but repairing one panel locally was in excess of buying a complete set from China. Customer service was good, shipping was reasonably fast (mine was already in Cali when I placed the order). My only gripe is the kit does not include mirror covers (but if you need black I have a pair of Honda covers for a 2006 ST1300). Also the color matched fastener kit they provide is kinda nice but incomplete IMHO. I really needed a few extra plastic pins, and the ones in the kit were the wrong size. I got a red kit and the red bolts are aluminum and not very sturdy. Snapped one in the headlight area that took a while to back out and replace... All in all I am satisfied with the purchase and I love the red color. Again: it wasn't my intention; but the bike was originally black and this gave me a chance to switch to red for less than repair/repainting a single body part. Hope this helps. PS: My experience is from about 30-days ago, so fairly recent. I can give you the vendor's name if interested. Also, I've been busy, but eventually I will start selling the original black tupperware soon. The only piece I'm missing is the left lower cowl (the big piece over the engine).

I tried to attach a picture of the final product, but it isn't a great picture. Eventually I'll do some glamor shots.

Cheers!
How much you want for the two turn signal cover shipped to 85027? PS: the bike looks amazin and I think I will pull the trigger on a kit based off your input. Thanks again!

Bike
2006 ST1300ABS
How much you want for the two turn signal cover shipped to 85027? PS: the bike looks amazin and I think I will pull the trigger on a kit based off your input. Thanks again!
Hello! Let me check on postage and shoot you a quote via the message system.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
I've watched and seen some plastic body kits on ebay off and on for different years, and read on several forums about pros and cons.
In the end, I've decided to practice some diligent preventive maintenance... which is to say, continue striving to NOT crash or drop it so as to avoid the situation.
I could see getting another kit if I was into custom painting or such, but truthfully I haven't seen many "custom" paint jobs that I actually like.
But I do like the stock black ones, and the white police ones.
Well, and the black and white police ones.
The stock red ones, the blue ones, and the silver ones are also attractive.

Bike
2006 ST1300ABS
Larry, not sure who you were asking, but Google can be a help. That is how I found my body parts. I personally do not have any ST1100 parts, and got my replacement ST1300 parts off eBay (they have search tools as well AND if eBay says it fits, then it comes with a secondary warranty from eBay related to fit... Happy Hunting!

Bike
VFR750F, ST1300
What you can do is set up automated searches on eBay that'll alert you via email when new body-parts show up. Select one of these and click on "Save Search" on eBay listing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom