ECM Failure poll

• Year 2002 thru 2007 Failure - POLICE BIKE

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
I’ve been off all my pain meds since day three…which is kinda freaking the doctor out.
No alcohol either.
Ice packs and Tylenol only.
I’m back to limited calls for now…..
With the wife’s approval.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Inspect the obvious stuff before jumping to conclusions just because of the topic of the posts….
The fuel pump was replaced with an aftermarket pump a while back, and the fuel hose provided was used etc.
The dealer is trying to throw fuel injectors, ECM, and several other expensive parts and labor at this job.
My money is going to be he finds a damaged fuel line that bleeds off pressure etc.
I have replaced almost a dozen of these damaged lines in the past year.
Time will tell, awaiting the results.

MPR

Hello everyone

I am looking for some faulty ECM to do tests and be able to repair the problem, I have already repaired this problem with other Honda models but I do not have any Honda ST ECM to do forensic work and make a diagnosis to be able to solve the problem.

Does anyone offer to send me their faulty ecm to investigate?

I need several units

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Hello everyone

I am looking for some faulty ECM to do tests and be able to repair the problem, I have already repaired this problem with other Honda models but I do not have any Honda ST ECM to do forensic work and make a diagnosis to be able to solve the problem.

Does anyone offer to send me their faulty ecm to investigate?

I need several units
Being that you are a new member and located in Spain... do you have any info to share with previous repairs you've done so the membership will feel safe sending you anything?

MPR

Dado que es un miembro nuevo y se encuentra en España... ¿tiene alguna información que compartir con reparaciones anteriores que haya realizado para que los miembros se sientan seguros enviándole algo?
[/CITA]

yo soy el tecnico que repara las ecm de las goldwing
Being that you are a new member and located in Spain... do you have any info to share with previous repairs you've done so the membership will feel safe sending you anything?
yo soy el tecnico que repara las ecm de las goldwing

Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
Could you go into what you were able to do to repair the Wing's ECU (I suppose pre-2018)?

Previous posts seem to suggest that the failure point is the chip that pings the Knock Sensor and passes instructions on to the CPU, and that there are no replacements available for this component.

Did you find a way to emulate this chip?

Or pass "fake" info to the CPU to make it believe that all is fine with the Knock Sensor communications?

Has anybody come up with a breakout box for this style ECM, it would help immensely in troubleshooting the ST and could be something that could be based at a St repair guy like IGOFAR ( although I won't donate his time without permission) and loaned out. We could come up with readings that could apply to the circuits we have. If someone has a failed ECM and we have wiring gurus that are better than me out there that could build one.

It would be a boon to us all, I would love to try. What we need is a ECM plug from the wiring harness and a failed ECM to source the plug in and that should do it.

MPR

Could you go into what you were able to do to repair the Wing's ECU (I suppose pre-2018)?

Previous posts seem to suggest that the failure point is the chip that pings the Knock Sensor and passes instructions on to the CPU, and that there are no replacements available for this component.

Did you find a way to emulate this chip?

Or pass "fake" info to the CPU to make it believe that all is fine with the Knock Sensor communications?
I bought the last units of that chip that were available

MPR

Is your aim at this time to check if the Knock Processor Chip used on the ST ECU is the same as the Wings' you amazingly managed to secure?
It is not the same, and there is no stock for the one from st.

Top Bottom