exhaust mods

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Easier to lose 20lbs off the bike, than off the rider,,,, sad but true. Either way,,, it would be interesting to do the math to see what the percentage increase in power to weight ration is. CAt'
Well, I am a lucky guy...because I have lost 30# since February. That plus 20# off the bike pipes...might equal a 7% weight loss based on a 700# bike....
Oh can't wait.........

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Easier to lose 20lbs off the bike, than off the rider,,,, sad but true. Either way,,, it would be interesting to do the math to see what the percentage increase in power to weight ration is. CAt'
Bike plus rider/gear = ~900 lbs, so 20 lbs is only 2%. So, not noticeable.

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
Bike plus rider/gear = ~900 lbs, so 20 lbs is only 2%. So, not noticeable.
Now factor in his expected 6hp gain, Paul. I would expect he will be able to feel total difference. It is not hard to feel the performance differential between having a full fuel load, compared to having 20 liters less on board an ST13. (20 liters is about 32lbs). So I would expect he will easily feel the same performance increase (in the form of torque/acceleration), that I did after installing my Del's. Bonus is that the 2-bros are going to sound better still,,, cheers, CAt'

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
I am having trouble posting new thread , so here we go. need replacement brake pads, front and rear , could some one provide reliable aftermarket supplier advice , or who to avoid ? Thanks
I frankly don't understand why you posted a brake pad replacement post in this thread :rofl1:

Top Bottom