Exped SynMat 9 DLX

TPadden

Tom Padden
I've used mine every tent night so far this year with no issues. ...
I'm a wuss; I find inflating it gives me too much of a workout in the summer. Nothing worse than getting hot before getting into the tent. A thermarest luxury works in summer and I'll break out the exped in another month or so ....

Tom

I'm a wuss; I find inflating it gives me too much of a workout in the summer. Nothing worse than getting hot before getting into the tent. A thermarest luxury works in summer and I'll break out the exped in another month or so ....

Tom
for that reason I was considering picking up the comfortfoam for summer use. Packs up a little larger but it's self inflating and offers the same comfort as the downmat\synmat, with a little less insulation.

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
I just received my REI Fall Sale brochure in the mail and noticed that have the Exped SynMat 9 Deluxe Air Pad for $109.99 a savings of 25%. They also have the SynMat 7 Air Pad with Pump for $88.99. Prices are good from Oct 8-17 2010.

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800
Old thread! Just bellied up for the Exped Down 9 LW and a Big Agnes Deer Park 30 degree down. I didn't spend that much on my home mattress!!! It better be good or I is gonna be a crabby tard. I'm anxious to see how the whole pocket thing works. Nothing worse than rolling off your mattress in the middle of the night. I had to do it. The size of my sleeping bag and air mattress alone was equal to half the space in the Bushtec. Bought the $50 Exped Large pillow too. Wait until Mommy sees the little brown truck pull up again. These three items might become my permanent home.

Bike
Dl 1000, ST1100
Spent more than one night on my Exped next (on/ oops) to the Black River in Mark Twain Forest. No complaints here. Hope yours works for you. :)

Last edited:

Stump

Site Supporter
Bike
VFR1200X
STOC #
I'm at 55+ nites on my Exped 9 so far this summer alone (I've been out car camping since May 30). Its 4 years old and has hundreds of nites of use. It is the best!

ST_Jim

In the Hotel California...
Bike
2004 ST1300ABS
STOC #
There's no 10 that I'm aware of, and as far as the exped website there's still a 9.

http://www.exped.com/exped/web/exped_homepage_na.nsf/
???

If you click on "Products", "Sleeping Mats", then "About Exped Mats", they list all their mats. Megamat 10 in LXW size, and SIM Comfort 10 in LW size. These mats pack pretty large - the reviews talk car camping, but they're 4 inches thick with square edges, so they are likely to be even more comfortable.

The SynMat 9 LW is available elsewhere if you google it - I'm not sure why REI doesn't have it anymore. Exped still lists it.
-

Top Bottom